Premed 101 Forums

Do you have to specify your pre-req courses?

Hello,

How do you specify your pre-req courses? For instance, my school calls the regular stats courses as Analysis of Data? Should I specify that this is really a STATS course or would they know it? Also, if I have to specify, where is this done? In terms of Pre-req courses that you have an upper level course for, how do you inform them to take the upper level course for the calculation.

Your help is greatly appreciated,

Jen

granted, it's been awhile since I saw the application, and I don't have the current one in front of me.

i believe when you enter your course data, you can specify what kind of course it is (i.e. bio-prereq, bio-other, etc). you can simply declare your higher level course as the prereq

in any case, the UofA app is actually pretty idiot proof, and i suspect if you declared the wrong thing, the admissions office would fix that after the fact. i think i declared my stats course, which was called a Bio course at my alma mater, as a Bio course but a stats prereq.

granted, it's been awhile since I saw the application, and I don't have the current one in front of me.

i believe when you enter your course data, you can specify what kind of course it is (i.e. bio-prereq, bio-other, etc). you can simply declare your higher level course as the prereq

in any case, the UofA app is actually pretty idiot proof, and i suspect if you declared the wrong thing, the admissions office would fix that after the fact. i think i declared my stats course, which was called a Bio course at my alma mater, as a Bio course but a stats prereq.

I think you're confusing it with U of C's app, there is no course entry form on U of A's app - the registrar will do it themselves. You will see your pre-req courses posted with the grades AFTER you submit the application. At that point, you can contact the med admissions people if you see some course missing. It's even more likely they'd contact you themselves - I remember last year they e-mailed me quite a bit about various courses.

Archived