Premed 101 Forums

GPA Question...

UofA Student here, I just had a question - if any of you could shed some light on it, it would be great.

I applied last year but unfortunately it didn't pan out. However, I noticed on my rejection letter that UofA Admissions didn't include the GPA of my most recent year in the final average. I was in my 3rd year during the last application cycle, and the GPA for my 3rd year wasn't included in the overall count (it was still above 3.7) - even after everything was considered and the decisions were made.

I'm now in my fourth and final year. Does that mean that my GPA this year is really of no consequence as long as I get above 3.3?

Yeah, they won't include your current year GPA in the calculation, only if you took pre-reqs in the fall, then they'll go to the pre-req GPA (but not cumulative).

You need to make sure whatever average you get this year will not drag you down below 3.3 cumulative, BUT it's in your best interest to do as well as possible because you may not get in again, and then having bad grades will become a major problem when you reapply. You have to think long-term.

Archived