Premed 101 Forums

iq publication - bio/chem test #39

ask yourself what are the types of gametes that a WwBb genotype could produce?

they are:

-WB

-wb

-wB

-Wb

what types of gametes could a wwBb genotype produce?

-wB

-wb

make a punnett square (or w/e it's called)...u end up with these offspring genotypes:

-WwBB, 2WwBb's, Wwbb (4/8=1/2..these have a white phenotype...cuz they all have at least one dominant W allele)

-wwBB, 2wwBb's (3/8..these have a black phenotype cuz they lack the dominant W allele but all have the B allele)

-wwbb (1/8..brown phenotype...intermediate between white & black)

so this question was kinda tricky cuz it turns out W is dominant over B (and over B)..but B is dominant over w...and w & b are codominant...these are not immediately obvious from the question, but once u work out the answer and see that 1/2 have to be white (given that W is dominant over B), u can right away eliminate the other choices.

hope this helps.

ok now i have a question..i was trying some iq pubs chem questions and 2 of the answers indicate that when delta H is positive, the reaction is EXOthermic..i thought it was a typo, but since there's 2 of 'em, i'm wondering if this is the convention to go with for the DAT...anyone know? thank u.

ok now i have a question..i was trying some iq pubs chem questions and 2 of the answers indicate that when delta H is positive, the reaction is EXOthermic..i thought it was a typo, but since there's 2 of 'em, i'm wondering if this is the convention to go with for the DAT...anyone know? thank u.

hey avenir, i was looking at that too... didn't think it was correct either

delta H +ve means an endothermic rxn but maybe they mis-typed the question and they meant the reversible rxn.

probably a mistake

lol im panicking right now... going over all the practice questions again

most nervous about bio and RC :(

anyways wish you best of luck tomorrow!

Archived