Premed 101 Forums

eligible for UWO?

Hello. I am still thinking on whether or not I should apply to UWO and am looking for any helpful advice.

Since I go to UofT, we get both GPAs and %ages. Now based on gpa alone, my best 2yrs would not even make me eligible since I have 3.55 in one yr and 3.88 in the other. However, my % avg for the 2yrs calculated from individual courses comes out to be 84.2%.

Even though, this maybe on the low side, I was wondering as to what my chances would be considering I make the DAT cutoffs.

I would definitely look into your gpa/percentage conversion because I know that UWO does NOT average together the two best years, in other words BOTH of your best 2 years would have to be 80%+ each and not one year being 75% and the other year being 85%. I think one of your years being under 3.6 would mean that it is under 80% and would disqualify you from getting an interview. Just a heads up, like i said, I dont know the details of your grades but this information can be found on their website.

hey...but thts the thing...my year with 3.55 translates to an 81% avg...tht is why im confused...even though 3.55 is low but wouldnt 81 be acceptable for the minimum reqs?

Just to be sure here are the breakdowns for the 3.55 yr...please let me know if theres something wrong in my calc.

72%(half yr), 73 (half yr),74 (half yr), 82 (half yr),85 (half yr),84 (half yr), 83(full yr), 90(full yr)

Thanks

Archived