Premed 101 Forums

DAT scores? Where are they?

I wonder what the holdup is! The deadline for reception of DAT scores for most schools is Jan. 15th, and if they're mailing them out by the end of the December, I would wager that some won't even get them by that deadline. I didn't write this year, but my scores came in a week before Christmas and even that was considered late then! I feel sorry for all of you who are still waiting...

humaninstinct,

my goodness! they are out. I am not at home so I dont know how I did. Can you please post what the reading comp percentiles were for 18-21 range? can you just look it up on the paper that comes with the scoreS?

THANKS a lot!

PS: dont worry about PAT, its all about AA and reading comprehension.

humaninstinct,

my goodness! they are out. I am not at home so I dont know how I did. Can you please post what the reading comp percentiles were for 18-21 range? can you just look it up on the paper that comes with the scoreS?

THANKS a lot!

PS: dont worry about PAT, its all about AA and reading comprehension.

sure... for RC:

18 --48%

19 --65%

20 --78%

21 --88%

I am not sure if this is the usual case but for biology 19 was a 90%.

I have a question about the difficulty of a particular test. If someone scored a 19 in this year's bio, which was really tough, it corresponds to a 90%. However, if someone was to take the DAT in Feb and score a 20 but that 20 corresponded to a 88% because that bio section was a little easier, which score would be more competitive? Do schools take this into account? I feel a little unlucky in taking the Nov1 2008 DAT.

Anyhow, here are my scores...

RC 22, Bio 19, Chem 22, TS 20, AA 21, PA 22, Carving 16 (thought I did well, guess not)

I don't want to retake... hopefully I won't have to.

I have a question about the difficulty of a particular test. If someone scored a 19 in this year's bio, which was really tough, it corresponds to a 90%. However, if someone was to take the DAT in Feb and score a 20 but that 20 corresponded to a 88% because that bio section was a little easier, which score would be more competitive? Do schools take this into account? I feel a little unlucky in taking the Nov1 2008 DAT.

RC 22, Bio 19, Chem 22, TS 20, AA 21, PA 22, Carving 16 (thought I did well, guess not)

I would like an answer to this as well...

I would like an answer to this as well...

You don't need to retake simba. Your scores are solid! I have taken the DAT more than a few times and am quite familiar with this whole process by now... DO NOT RETAKE since the DAT has consistently gotten harder over the years (starting from 2005 to 2008). So do not retake.

Does the school you're applying to look at Bio separately? Anyways, I doubt they would take this into account, but I wouldn't worry with those scores.

ohh definitely there is ...depending on your GPA. Last year, UWO's avg percentage was 87 or 88 %..so the scores listed on the UWO website are avgs... if you have a solid best two year GPA thats around this avg, you are set.

At the same time, RC is the key score for UWO for getting an interview. AA and TS only come in final ranking of the applicant.. remember DAT is only 15% of that ranking. Getting to the interview is the main thing.

Archived