Premed 101 Forums

ubc pre-reqs for american schools

Hello everyone

For fellow UBC-ers who applied to american schools previously, could you please give me some advice?

I'm thinking of applying to American dental schools next year and was looking at the requirements.

I was looking at the pre-reqs for American dental schools and I realized that my bio pre-reqs for UBC don't have any lab components(except for a 2 credit bio lab course, bio140).

All the American schools that I looked at require bio courses with lab components.

Does this mean that I need to take another bio course with a lab?

My major has nothing to do with biology and I really don't want to take a random bio course just for the lab component if i don't have to...

Which courses did you guys take to meet the bio requirements in the US?

Thank in advance guys and Merry Christmas! :)

E-mail the schools. Let them know what you've taken and ask them if it fulfils the requirements. If not, then ask if you can take a lab-only course or if you need to take a lecture course with lab component. Good luck!

Hello everyone

For fellow UBC-ers who applied to american schools previously, could you please give me some advice?

I'm thinking of applying to American dental schools next year and was looking at the requirements.

I was looking at the pre-reqs for American dental schools and I realized that my bio pre-reqs for UBC don't have any lab components(except for a 2 credit bio lab course, bio140).

All the American schools that I looked at require bio courses with lab components.

Does this mean that I need to take another bio course with a lab?

My major has nothing to do with biology and I really don't want to take a random bio course just for the lab component if i don't have to...

Which courses did you guys take to meet the bio requirements in the US?

Thank in advance guys and Merry Christmas! :)

Archived