Premed 101 Forums

Question Concerning MD/PhD interviews?

Hi everyone,

Maybe its the holidays and I have a little bit more time to procrastinate on here. But I was wondering if anyone knows if the MD/PhD office actually sends out interviews in December? From Sandy's email, it says Late December to Feb that interviews go out for MD/PhD. But isn't the school closed now? and if so then I guess the first round of Interviews for MD/PhD have already been sent out. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Happy Holidays Everyone,

:)

A few years ago, I received my interview email on December 15th.

However, many of my classmates received invites throughout the next few months - so don't worry about it.

Good luck.

Thanks for the Feedback aintnogame. Much appreciate it :) . Yha I just hope i will be lucky enough to get something in the new year. But I was a bit worried i missed the boat considering I've heard so much rumor about MD/PhD sending out really really early. Thanks again

• 2 weeks later...

usually on the same day as your regular MD interview.

THe MD PhD interview is a panel interview with about 5 members including a student - they go around the table and ask much more research oriented questions - about your previous research, future plans, research knowledge, life as a clinician scientist, etc. - tends to be much shorter than MD itnerview - 15 to 20 min or so.

however - this sort of interviewing might change this year - there is a bit of a reorganization of the program going on.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I just thought I'd share some good news with all my Premed 101 posters. It's been a good 2 years after undergrad, and I'm hitting my mid-20's with lots on my plate. And this late in january, I was beginning to doubt my chances and thought that maybe my application did not make it through the slim door. But this morning I finally received an Interview invitation by email from the MD/PhD office.

Honestly, leading up to this week I was extremely worried and filled with anxiety :o since I knew MD/PhD's get interviewed quite early (as mentioned above, invites went out even in mid-December). Thanks to the many premed (and med students) posters on here who have helped answer lots of questions I had these last 2 years :) . I'm very happy and excited at this moment, and I thought I'd share this news with my fellow premed 101 friends here.

Any tips or advice on what steps to take next would be greatly appreciated :)

Hopefully good news will come for all waiting soon. Good luck everyone!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm a long time lurker and first time poster. Congrats Endavour. Are you a grad or undergrad applicant, if u don't mind me asking?

Only one person got an invite for MD/PhD from Toronto so far? Are there anyone else waiting to hear back?

Thanks!

hopetobedoc,

I apologize for late response. Things have been crazy around my lab and I'm just running around with papers and due dates etc....but yes I'm a grad student. I hope you will start hearing back soon as well. I saw you posting in other thread, I have a friend who heard back from MD-PhD really late 2 years ago as well. Best of luck.

:)

Archived