Premed 101 Forums

Nov Dat Scores ~ Aftermath

Guest Yeoman

Hi all,

Scores reached the mailbox on the east side. They seem to be much lower than usual.

I got

RC: 15 :mad:

BIO: 18

Chem: 18

TS: 18

AA: 17

PAT: 23

Soap: 26

Its funny, my first DAT (Feb) for which I did not study hard I got 17/20/19/19/19/21/13. For November i thought I would have beaten those scores...

SAD DAY...

I got

RC: 15 :mad:

BIO: 18

Chem: 18

TS: 18

AA: 17

PAT: 23

Soap: 26

Its funny, my first DAT (Feb) for which I did not study hard I got 17/20/19/19/19/21/13. For November i thought I would have beaten those scores...

Not too shabby nonetheless. Where are you applying? That could make all the difference!

I have taken the DAT 3 times now, 2 Feb, 1 Nov. And I found the February sitting to be better both in the amount of people taking it and the grades I got in the end, and I had prepared the most for the November sitting.

For the November one I even go to go into an overflow room where we had larger desks which helped with carving instead of the benches found in Hebb (where most DATs take place @ UBC).

My score:

RC 19

Bio 17

Chem 22

Tot sci 19

AA 19

PAT 17

Carv 11

Should I retake??

I'm applying to UWO and McGill. I'm Quebec resident with a CGPA of 3.75 and science GPA of 3.88

Please advise me on retake if needed.

hey...I have the same AA, TS and PAT scores as you...I am also applying to UWO...however for this cycle a retake will not be taken into account...

If you're asking for the next cycle, it all depends on what your GPA for best 2 yrs is for UWO. UWO looks at % grades so I would look at those grades to see if I need to retake. If your grades are >85%, then I suppose you should be fine for UWO as you meet the RC cutoff (hopefully) and UWO doesnt care about PAT or carving...im not sure though, if its tougher for OOP applicants...

RC 22

Bio 18

Chem 20

Tot sci 19

AA 20

PAT 20

Carv 14

That carving score is pretty killer :/. I'm coming in with a masters, how are my chances at any of the schools?

You're set for TO, assuming your GPA>3.7, and you have a fighting chance at UWO... good job man! I don't know how the other schools feel about grad students.

I took the DAT for the first time in November. Here are my scores:

RC: 21

Biology: 20

Chemistry: 24

Science Total: 22

Academic Average: 22

PAT: 19

Carving: 14 (practiced for one day)

My GPA for my two best undergraduate years is 3.995. I'm a Masters student and I applied to U of T and Western. Hopefully these scores and my GPA will be enough to get an interview.

My GPA for my two best undergraduate years is 3.995. I'm a Masters student and I applied to U of T and Western. Hopefully these scores and my GPA will be enough to get an interview.

lol you're practically in man...just ace the interviews!

2e4duls.jpg

i got a 17 in rc again.. my life is over.. i am never gonna try again... got into law school.. i have been applying to dentistry since 2004. GPA 3.79 as of this year and honestly uwo can go to hell since they base their candidates based ONLY on ONE ****in section.

I AM SO MAD right now.

thanks but i am at the moment the most unhappiest person!

I have applied to UWO for the past five years and honestly their policies for granting an interview are messed... I cant blame then, maybe i am not competent at RC.

I got into an American med school tooo, I might even get accepted to a canadian med school with my MCAT. The point is nothing equals dentistry. Law, med are not what I wanted to do, hence the reason I am not happy. Dentistry was my passion since I was a child. I am so upset right now!!!!!

anyways, rocking the other sections on the DAT doesnt even matter since I didnt make the cutoff for UWo dentistry... which I think will probably be the same as last year.. 18 or 19

i got a 17 in rc again.. my life is over.. i am never gonna try again... got into law school.. i have been applying to dentistry since 2004. GPA 3.79 as of this year and honestly uwo can go to hell since they base their candidates based ONLY on ONE ****in section.

I AM SO MAD right now.

:( I wouldn't wish that to anybody :(

I have applied to UWO for the past five years and honestly their policies for granting an interview are messed... I cant blame then, maybe i am not competent at RC.

I got into an American med school tooo, I might even get accepted to a canadian med school with my MCAT. The point is nothing equals dentistry. Law, med are not what I wanted to do, hence the reason I am not happy. Dentistry was my passion since I was a child. I am so upset right now!!!!!

anyways, rocking the other sections on the DAT doesnt even matter since I didnt make the cutoff for UWo dentistry... which I think will probably be the same as last year.. 18 or 19

If you applied to US med, why don't you apply to US dents too? Take the US DAT if you have to.

For someone who got into Law AND Med school but is actually really unhappy - you really should just stick with Dent. You're obviously quite close to making it - don't give it up.

hey dmd2012..i feel sorry for you given the excellent GPA...but i also think you really should try for US dents also...You may already know this or not but there are so many schools in the states that your chances may be better there...

hey dmd2012, i agree with you that making a cutoff in the reading section is quite ridiculous for western. There are a lot of people out there with great gpas and can't get an interview at western because of that 18 or 19 cutoff. It sucks that one section of the DAT which is worth a total of 15% of your total can hold people back like it is. I have also wrote the DAT 3 times for this purpose as well. I haven't received my scores for this year yet but i am dreading opening the letter. I think a lot of people get lucky on the reading portion of the DAT. Basically, the difference between a 17 or 18 on the rc could be like 1 or 2 more questions correct on this section. I have heard that some people dont even get half way through the 3rd passage and still manage to get 18 or 19.

I know exactly where you are coming from (its quite painfull watching my friends from undergrad now in 3rd year dentistry at western) and despite receiving the news you received try to enjoy the holidays if you can and think of a plan of action for the new year.

People say that writing the feb dat is better in terms of competitiveness.

Take Care

jdent

Archived