Premed 101 Forums

UBC MMI - quick question

I dont get it. If you're done but there is still time and you want to add something then you are not done. Why would they stop you if there is still time?

They won't stop you if you're still answering the question. Dan0105 meant that if you start making small talk (ie. talking about the weather or asking them if they have kids), they will stop you from going off topic.

ya i should have written that more clearly. what babydoc said.

As for the question above, I think out of the 10, for me it was broken down as follows:

4 - finished just on time no problems

2 - didn't finish because the questions sucked and I took forever to think of anything useful to say

1 - finished early and then added a few additional thoughts/answers during the wait.

2 - finished early and tried to make small talk for 30 seconds but failed miserably.

1 - finished early and decided it was best not to bother talking after the previous two shot me down.

and when I say finished early I really only mean like by a minute max. I don't think anyone could answer those questions with an excessive amount of time to spare, so don't worry about waiting around not talking, it doesn't last long before the bell goes and you get to leave.

I didn't have any actor scenarios last year but I had heard that there was the possibility. So be prepared for that. Yes there are prompting questions. If you cover all of the points that are in the prompting questions then the interviewer will not say anything. But if you do not they will ask them. Don't worry if they ask you questions because you did not cover it all in your original answer. most people don't and I was asked questions in every station and I must have done fine as I got in.

ya the prompts aren't really useful if you've given a perfect answer and covered everything they were looking for. They are there to stimulate you to think/discuss areas that you may have not answered/discussed but the interviewer was expecting you to or wants you to discuss more.

I wouldn't be concerned with whether its a bad thing or not, its merely just to keep the discussion flowing for your benefit.

Archived