Premed 101 Forums

Withdrawal from Online University

biloba

Hey everyone,

I took a course at Athabasca University over the summer ( I attend another University). Unfortunately, due to some extenuating circumstances, I was unable to complete it.

I've asked Athabasca, and they said I could temporary withdraw from the course (which will result in a W grade), then re-take the course after 6 months. The only problem I'm forseeing is that the 'W' will reflect bad on my transcript (when disclosing all my transcripts

Should I proceed with the withdrawal? Does anyone think this will negatively affect my chance for med?

Thanks!

Guest soaring_eagle

If you have extenuating circumstances, then there is not reason to think it would reflect badly.

Plus, its a SUMMER course, so it doesn't matter that much. Most students take no courses in the summer. It will show you at least attempted to do so.

Hey everyone,

I took a course at Athabasca University over the summer ( I attend another University). Unfortunately, due to some extenuating circumstances, I was unable to complete it.

I've asked Athabasca, and they said I could temporary withdraw from the course (which will result in a W grade), then re-take the course after 6 months. The only problem I'm forseeing is that the 'W' will reflect bad on my transcript (when disclosing all my transcripts

Should I proceed with the withdrawal? Does anyone think this will negatively affect my chance for med?

Thanks!

W's, which mean withdrawn without academic penalty, have no affect on your admission to medical school. They aren't even entered into the OMSAS system (as one example).

Elaine

Archived