Premed 101 Forums

Question

Guest viscous

Guest viscous

The website states that

"Since we require at least three years of undergraduate full-time studies in any program leading to the obtention of a bachelor degree within our eligibility requirements, we will only convert the most recent three years of studies pertinent to the bachelor program of studies of the candidates and not convert any undergraduate degree and/or certificate of one-year duration."

Based on the above fact, am I being reasonable to conclude that gpa of my full-time 5th year as a "non-degree" student will never be used if I choose to apply to Uottawa in future? Or in other words, the last 3 years of my studies that led to the degree, which in this case are 4th, 3rd and 2nd will be used only?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest viscous

ok, maybe I am being paranoid but I'll shoot the question anyways. So in my 4th year, I had 5 credits. one of the courses was 100 level courses (required for my minor as I changed my program in 3rd year). My transcript shows the mark I got for this course but it is not counted in the gpa by my university because it is above the limit of 100 level credits I can take. "EXT" is also written beside the mark cuz its "extra." I am sure that ontario med schools count all the courses taken during the regular year in the gpa. So just wanted to make sure if this mark will be counted?

dude, I don't think they could tell what the difference is... I think if your transcript says you already have a degree conferred followed by "unclassified" studies (obviously not leading to degrees) then those are the ones to be excluded, think about it, they are not going to go through your school's graduation requirements to determine whether you were or weren't on track to get your degree (they have 4000 applications and 4 secretaries). If you did 3 certificate programs (1 year each) from a college, then you are screwed is what they mean.

yeah you are fine. I asked about this because of my labs. Since Waterloo's Arts program only lets you take 4 0.25 credit courses but my biology degree requires me to take 11 such courses (all lab courses) my official transcript does not show all of them as having a credit as of yet. I have 7 now that "do not count towads degree".

Anyway my point is that all of those courses are counted by OMSAS and the schools as confirmed by them. As your situation is similar to mine, I can say yours will count as well.

Archived