Premed 101 Forums

2009 Queen's Interviews - When they are coming out / email delays / a few stats

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At work we use a system called Star.

When big orders come through (like say mass emails), it backs up the que on star.

So it take some time to process all the requests. So I believe their email system is like this one.

It hasnt gotten to send all the emails yet to all the potential med students.

lol hate to put it out there... but the only reaosn why a couple ppl have recieved interviews and many more are rejected could actually be a realistic ratio of people who are invited for interviews. since they had 3k+ applicants and are only offering 700 interviews... you wouldnt expect a lot of people to be posting interview offers....

still waiting for my e-mail..... from the rejected stats so far though... i think i got rejected

haha I thought you were yelling I have gmail!!! as in you have mail indicating something from queens in your gmail...

I have gmail and am still without a queen's email

ahahahahahahaahhaahahhhaaaaaa

oh man will i be laughing by the end of the day who knows???????????

what do u mean good gmail?

it's gmail!

ugh!!!!!

on a side not i have the aja tiger theme on my homepage for mozilla while i have teahouse fox on the IE one

don't worry. go get a drink or something. and watch a movie.

either the emails are delayed by some problem in the web, or those office people at queens probably over-estimated their emailing efficiency.

you can always call them next monday to ask.

Wow, they just sent me a second rejection two hours after the first one. For a second, seeing the email in my inbox made me hope they had made a mistake... but no, they just wanted to make sure I knew they didn't want me. Sigh.

That 's messed up, it also shows that they are probably having problems sending them out.

your email system is probably slow (e.g. hotmail).

gmail is the deal. no refreshing needed.

sometimes i send an email to my friend who uses hotmail, and he/she'd only get it half an hour later. same with utor mail. gmail is usually instantaneous.

I'm on gmail. Nothing yet.

Anyone get an email recently?? Seems like they've stopped coming. Looks like this drama might get dragged out all weekend.:(

It feels like they thought they emailed all the rejections/invites and left. Unfortunately, not all the invites (maybe rejections too?) have been received. Sigh.

It feels like they thought they emailed all the rejections/invites and left. Unfortunately, not all the invites (maybe rejections too?) have been received. Sigh.

One way they could have appeased such anxiety was by posting the cutoffs on their site. Saying if you meet them, then you are set.:confused:

Archived