Premed 101 Forums

2009 Interview Weekend - Info & Questions

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Elaine,

Just a question regarding the written assignment: will we be given any info at all regarding what to expect? Ie. will people interviewing on the second weekend have an advantage by knowing what the format of the assignment is?

Thanks for all you help and advice on the forum - much appreciated.

Hi Elaine,

Just a question regarding the written assignment: will we be given any info at all regarding what to expect? Ie. will people interviewing on the second weekend have an advantage by knowing what the format of the assignment is?

Thanks for all you help and advice on the forum - much appreciated.

they'll probably have people sign a confidentiality agreement. sigh...

I was hoping to make a distinction...

I know grades and GPA are basically out the window now but when my interviewers review my ABS will they be able to see what courses I took and my respective grades in them?

No. The only thing they will have is your 48 item list (and possibly your reference letters). The only way your interviewers will know where you went to school and what you took is if you included that information on your list. (I didn't, but I know that was probably unusual. I just figured they knew I went to university since I had been given an interview.) It is unlikely that you included your marks, unless you wrote that you were on an honour role or a Dean's list.

As for whether this information matters - I really don't think that your interview score will be affected. My experience was that my interviewers wanted to know about me, what my activities meant to me, how they had shaped who I was and my desire to be a physician, etc.

Best wishes to you!

Elaine

Just wondering: I don't want to book anything until I know my interview day for sure. However, is it possible to come there in the morning, attend the interview of course, and then leave the same day later on at night. I'm not sure (depending on the weekend) if I will be able to stay for more than one night. Just wondering about how this all works.

Just wondering: I don't want to book anything until I know my interview day for sure. However, is it possible to come there in the morning, attend the interview of course, and then leave the same day later on at night. I'm not sure (depending on the weekend) if I will be able to stay for more than one night. Just wondering about how this all works.

Yes, it is possible. I did that last year. I drove down to Kingston from north of Toronto in time to attend the info session, my interview, the bus tour and the campus tour. The disadvantage of doing that, though, is that you miss out on the other activities planned, which will help give you a feel for the school.

Elaine

Hi,

I'm a York University student, and as you probably know, we have just started classes after a fairly long strike, so our schedule for the rest of the year is a bit weird.

The Feb 27/28/Mar1 interview weekend falls within our first term exam period.

I'm not sure if we will get our exam schedules before Feb. 9... so I'm worried about logging in on Feb. 9, picking an interview date, and then finding out I have an exam on that day. I'm also worried about waiting for the exam schedule to come out, then logging in to realize all of the dates that are good for me are gone.

So I was wondering, is it possible to change interview dates after selecting one on the online system? If not, any suggestions from elaine/QueensInterview2009 on what I could do to ensure I get an interview date that works for me (and other students in my situation)?

Thanks!

Hi,

I'm a York University student, and as you probably know, we have just started classes after a fairly long strike, so our schedule for the rest of the year is a bit weird.

I'm not sure if we will get our exam schedules before Feb. 9... so I'm worried about logging in on Feb. 9, picking an interview date, and then finding out I have an exam on that day. I'm also worried about waiting for the exam schedule to come out, then logging in to realize all of the dates that are good for me are gone.

So I was wondering, is it possible to change interview dates after selecting one on the online system? If not, any suggestions from elaine/QueensInterview2009 on what I could do to ensure I get an interview date that works for me (and other students in my situation)?

Thanks!

Why not pick the other weekend? Or get your exams moved? (although I guess it's like taking a risk by signing up for an interview with the possibility that they won't let you move your exam...)

Why not pick the other weekend? Or get your exams moved? (although I guess it's like taking a risk by signing up for an interview with the possibility that they won't let you move your exam...)

I have a Mac interview on Mar 28, and I'd prefer to not have the Queen's interview right after on the 29th if I can help it...

I have a Mac interview on Mar 28, and I'd prefer to not have the Queen's interview right after on the 29th if I can help it...

ah, then you and I are in the same boat then, maybe I'll even seen you at Mac! I have an exam (midterm though) on that first weekend also so I emailed my prof already asking if I can possibly write the make up.

Hi,

Thanks!

My best advice: call the admissions office and ask Jenn Saunders for her advice.

good luck

If anyone wants to share a hotel room, PM me. I'm thinking of interviewing at the end of March.

Hey, I see you are going back to Queen's. You had an interview there last year, didn't you? I think I recall you asking me something about the school. I might be on crack though (more likely than not)

Hey, I see you are going back to Queen's. You had an interview there last year, didn't you? I think I recall you asking me something about the school. I might be on crack though (more likely than not)

I did have an interview there last year, but I'm not sure in regards to whether I asked you anything about it....

If worse comes to worse, just find a cop car and pee on it. They have these guys in blue suits that'll give you a place to stay for the night. Worked for me!

Ahhh don't you have to provide a police check at some point during the application process? Not sure how peeing in/on police cars will impact that, but probably not well :)

Archived