Premed 101 Forums

Uvic PSYC GPA/Summer courses

Hi there,

I've got two questions and I appreciate any feedback.

1)I was wondering if anybody knows whether UBC converts the grades of Uvic psychology courses according to the A+:95, A: 90 A-:85 and the rest. I guess the admission staff definitely know that Uvic psyc department uses different grading for appointing a letter grade.

2) In calculating the last 60 credit GPA, do they consider the courses done during the summer too?

Thanks for your answers,

Hi there,

I've got two questions and I appreciate any feedback.

1)I was wondering if anybody knows whether UBC converts the grades of Uvic psychology courses according to the A+:95, A: 90 A-:85 and the rest. I guess the admission staff definitely know that Uvic psyc department uses different grading for appointing a letter grade.

2) In calculating the last 60 credit GPA, do they consider the courses done during the summer too?

Thanks for your answers,

Pretty sure they go by the letter grade to percent conversion that is on the back of all the UVic transcripts. In other words you get the shaft. If you get 94 percent in a Psych class you get an A. On the transcript it says A = 85-90 so UBC gives you 85. Bottom line is UVic is giving the shaft to all Psych students as well as Kinesiology (my dept) and a couple other departments I am not sure of. Uvic is hurting the chances of these students in their quest for any professional or grad schools that take letter grades. Way to go.

Archived