Premed 101 Forums

Official Interview Invite thread

Everyone who was fortunate enough to receive an interview post your info here. Below is suggested format:

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Weighted GPA:

MCAT: PS/VR/BS WS

Grad/NonGrad student:

Date and Time Received:

Your Location:

And....GO!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hey barnessv ^^ what are you doing in your year off

i travelled for 3 months visiting friends and family in england and ireland and volunteering for 6 weeks in tanzania.

now i'm working at a restaurant to try to save for med school (and it also helps to develop your conversational skills), volunteering in a class for autistic children, and working to get some research i did for my thesis/with my thesis supervisor published.

Weighted GPA: 3.99

MCAT: 11/10/11 R

Grad/NonGrad student: 4th year undergrad

Date and Time Received: Feb 4 (at 7:09 PM?!) for Feb 22

Your Location: Ottawa

EC's: NSERC award, publication in progress, 7 years volunteering at cancer centre, 3 years with therapy animal visits to hospitals, 3 years as medical first responder on campus emergency response team, 2 exec positions on that team, competitive dancer, recreational tennis & dance, tutoring, youth group leader, worked in customer service at car rental company several years etc. (Basically I had a big variety and depth to my activities)

LOR's: think they are strong, but not sure HOW strong since i never got to see them! one was a prof, one a high school teacher, and one a volunteer supervisor

Why? Non-stats posts are the only things that are actually relevant. Everything else is basically just cut-offs. What makes and breaks people is their ECs and LORs.

I meant stuff like the post quoted above. You are free to post your ECs, undergrad majors, pet's names, etc...

Weighted GPA: 3.99

MCAT: PS/VR/BS WS: 12/11/12 R

Grad/NonGrad student: 3rd year undergrad

Date and Time Received: received Feb 4, 7:32PM for Feb 22nd

Your Location: Ottawa

EC: 4 years of research (3 full-time summer, NSERC for one of them), president of one club and exec positions on two others, competitive table tennis, recreational tennis, worked as a tutor and in a medical clinic

LOR: High school teacher, doctor (employer at the medical clinic), research supervisor

My research experience is probably one of the strongest aspects of my application.

Hate to say it but you sound like a big douche.

First of all, I think you love to say it.

Second of all, name calling really hurts my feelings.

Third of all, eBullying somebody because they are trying to have a tidy database/log of the most nerveracking admissions system in the country for the benefit of everyone, including both present and future applicants ,is really up/down there with wedgies. Although the '09 SuperBowl Pepsi commercial clearly outlines we outgrow wedgies and recess at some point, it seems there is always room for an outlier. :rolleyes:

First of all, I think you love to say it.

Second of all, name calling really hurts my feelings.

Third of all, eBullying somebody because they are trying to have a tidy database/log of the most nerveracking admissions system in the country for the benefit of everyone, including both present and future applicants ,is really up/down there with wedgies. Although the '09 SuperBowl Pepsi commercial clearly outlines we outgrow wedgies and recess at some point, it seems there is always room for an outlier. :rolleyes:

Wow, I definitely do not retract my statement. :eek:

BTW: you might want to check this out before you think you're doing future generations a monumental service...

http://www.premed101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11873

BTW: you might want to check this out before you think you're doing future generations a monumental service...

http://www.premed101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11873

OK, I did. In the very first post, I found this in bold letters:

NOTE - Messages that don't belong in this thread will be deleted!

Also, the thread you posted is for postinterview stats, ecs, etc...this is for the interviews only.

Now, it would be nice if an admin could clean this thread up, and maybe make it a sticky. Much appreciated!

Archived