Premed 101 Forums

Official Interview Invite thread

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well considering that they sent out the invites for the feb 20th-22nd interviews 17-19 days prior to them, we can expect to see a wave of invites sent out for the march 6th and 8th interview dates starting on the 16th all the way to the 19th of february

so I guess don't expect anything before next week...if u get anything before, consider it a pleasant surprise!

In_Valid is right. It is not the same as the rolling admissions in the states. They review batches of files at a time and give out interviews periodically. Just because you get one early/late does not mean you are more/less qualified. You can be the most qualified applicant out there but if they do not review your application at the start, you simply won't get an interview.

i have to say, UT has the worst possible system for notifying invitees.

either tell us yes, or no, at a specific time, or tell us when you will tell us. fine, send out 10 batches of interviews, but it would be awful nice to know approximately when we will find out. *sigh*

driving me insane

LOL you guys should try applying to US schools, and then report back about the wait LOL

My friend (now 1T2 Meds) gave me the wonderful advice.

Check only at 9am and 5pm.

between then, focus on what's important! which is other interviews if you have them, or school, or maybe making Valentine's gifts... and so on...

Maybe that may help with the nerves?

I don't think there is any advantage to getting it early. I received mine last year on the first day but as you can see I didn't make it,

In_Valid is right. It is not the same as the rolling admissions in the states. They review batches of files at a time and give out interviews periodically. Just because you get one early/late does not mean you are more/less qualified. You can be the most qualified applicant out there but if they do not review your application at the start, you simply won't get an interview.

I think they just meant that if you get anything now it's not a rejection (since those don't go out until March). So yes, hearing something now is (relatively) good news.

thank you ontariostudent

Archived