Premed 101 Forums

Toronto and western

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I also got the notice about this test. :(

Last year was the first year that they did the test (well, I think they might have done it before, but last year was the first year that it counted as a part of the interview process). So everyone will participate in it on their interview day.

I'm not sure if this is the case for U of T but I know Dal also has a similar personality test as apart of the interview but it actually has nothing to do with your score or acceptance. Rather, a lot of dental schools are in the process of doing longitudinal studies regarding certain traits related to being a dentist ( this is the case with Dal)

That's weird.

My stats are lower than yours. Same DAT score but I have lower GPA and I got an interview.

Why?

Are they looking at something else? I'm applying from 3rd year.

Hey Hangma~

If you don't mind me asking, what was your 2 best year GPA? Mine is 3.83 but the thing is, one of them is a 4/5 courseload, so maybe they penalized me heavily for that?? :confused:

Did anyone's e-mails mention the GPA and DAT cutoffs that they used for interviews this year? Mine last year gave the cutoffs, but maybe they only give them if you don't get an interview?

In the rejection email it said that the average GPA to get an interview was 3.83, and the DAT cut-off was AA 20 and PAT 20.

But I saw someone post here they only had PAT 19... weird.

Also, by "average GPA" did they mean the average GPA of the interviewees or the individual applicant's average GPA over however many years?

Because I'm just a bit below 3.83 and I got rejected...

I got an interview at UofT.

My AA was 19 and my PAT was 21.

My GPA was 3.83.

In the rejection email it said that the average GPA to get an interview was 3.83, and the DAT cut-off was AA 20 and PAT 20.

Also, by "average GPA" did they mean the average GPA of the interviewees or the individual applicant's average GPA over however many years?

Recieved an interview invite for Sunday, March 29th.

3rd year undergrad

GPA: 3.97

AA 18

PAT 16

I also wanted to know if there is a way to change the interview date to Saturday instead. I'm assuming the best thing to do is email them and ask them politely but not sure if they will do it though :l

Congrats to everyone who got an interview. I got one as well.

Fraises, maybe they didn't use the year you took 4 courses in the calculation for your GPA (perhaps 2 best years only if you took 5 courses per year).

Edit: Maybe they mean avg. interviewee has a GPA of 3.83 and a PAT/AA of 20/20??

Hmm, so they ignore any years during which you didn't carry a full load??

My 1st and 3rd years were my best, and I'm currently finishing my 4th year. However, my 1st year was a 4/5 courseload so I thought they might take my 1st/3rd years anyway but apply some sort of penalty...

Anyone know how they would treat this?

Recieved an interview invite for Sunday, March 29th.

3rd year undergrad

GPA: 3.97

AA 18

PAT 16

I also wanted to know if there is a way to change the interview date to Saturday instead. I'm assuming the best thing to do is email them and ask them politely but not sure if they will do it though :l

Someone must giving inaccurate info here...:confused:

Someone must giving inaccurate info here...:confused:

Here is the whole blurb from the email I got... sorry it wasn't the cut-offs it was just the average scores:

" To help determine how your application compared to those invited for an interview: the average GPA was 3.83/4.0 and the average DAT scores were 20 on the Academic Average section and 20 on the Perceptual Ability section. If you require further information please contact the Admissions Office at the numbers and/or email address listed below."

I'm assuming GPA is weighted a lot more because I had AA 20, PAT 21 and a GPA below 3.83 and didn't get an interview :(

Archived