Premed 101 Forums

OOP/NB/PEI Waiting Countdown

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha, well, I'm sure we've all got our expectations, and if you guys are anything like me, I'm sure you've replayed your interview over in your head so many times, and thought of the fine points of your application that it may seem like it was done yesterday.

LOL, that too man. I've been thinking more about this one little blurb that may have tied my noose though. Do you guys remember the section on the app that said something like "do you think your grades are indicative of your academic performance"? Well, I said something along the lines of "my grades are indicative of my academic capabilities at the time, but those that I have attaines in recent years are better indicators of the work I will continue to do at MUN".

My last semester, with 26 credit hours, came out as a 3.43 OMSAS, which is well below the 3.87 I had been pulling in the 2 years prior :S.

I may have shot myself in the foot with my response to their question, haha, but that's what I've been playing over and over.

soooo much waiting...... any brave soul out there willing to call and see if they have been/will be sent out this week :o

what makes it worse is if dont get anything anything this week.......

I'm guessing you're worried about March Break maybe? I dunno when MUN's is, but I wouldn't worry too much. Even if we don't get them by the end of the week, that doesn't mean they haven't been mailed by the end of the week. As far as I know, Canada Post doesn't have a reading week, lol.

We haven't obssessed over whether or not verifiers and/or referees have been contacted... Several weeks ago MUN called one of my referees because his/her admin asst had sent the reference for a different university. It was a long time ago, so it is very unlikely that it is indicative of anything, other than an incomplete application!

Garance's post goes a long way to show that we've all got our own demons that we're battling with right now, haha. Fortunately, in a few days, we'll know what the final word is. Best of luck to all, both in the struggle agaist your own conscience, as well as when you open your letter.

I really wish that MUN would send out the letters all in the same kind of envelope. It's kind of harsh that you know that you didn't get accepted before you even get a letter (since all your friends have already gotten their letters), and even between waitlist/rejected, which somes in the second wave of letters, you know based on what the envelope color is. Oh well.

I doubt very much they would want to call everyone, especially not the rejectees... I have a friend who is in residency now and when she was waiting to hear news, they would call those who were getting offers (with a follow-up package), but the rejectees just got a snail mail form letter. So, on day X she was waiting by the phone... willing it to ring.

oh, I see... sorry. Maybe they just don't want to duplicate their work... they have to do the packages anyway and they are probably trying to keep up with other work too... e.g. collating the IP results, interviews, answering all the pre-med questions, etc... Soon the IPs will be wondering about their results! Email does not always make our lives easier, or save paper!

Good luck...

oh, I see... sorry. Maybe they just don't want to duplicate their work... they have to do the packages anyway and they are probably trying to keep up with other work too... e.g. collating the IP results, interviews, answering all the pre-med questions, etc... Soon the IPs will be wondering about their results! Email does not always make our lives easier, or save paper!

Good luck...

last year the big day was June 1st for IP. I hope nobody's getting the anxiety already like you guys are this week

Archived