Premed 101 Forums

Invalid Email Address?

Just found out my personal referee doesn't have the email from UBC. Tried to send it again and I got the message: "The e-mail address supplied does not seem to be valid. Please enter the e-mail address in the following format: yourname@example.com." My personal referee has an email address that ends in .net. I am surprised this is a problem. Lots of people have addys that end in .net. Not worried. Will call admissions today. Anybody else run into this?

Just found out my personal referee doesn't have the email from UBC. Tried to send it again and I got the message: "The e-mail address supplied does not seem to be valid. Please enter the e-mail address in the following format: yourname@example.com." My personal referee has an email address that ends in .net. I am surprised this is a problem. Lots of people have addys that end in .net. Not worried. Will call admissions today. Anybody else run into this?

I had the same problem, for 2 out of 3 references. I kept refreshing and re-entering it until it worked (only about 2 or 3 tries).

I had the same problem, for 2 out of 3 references. I kept refreshing and re-entering it until it worked (only about 2 or 3 tries).

Really? I spoke to admissions today and they put me on hold for a bit and then told me they have never had this problem before. Then they told me that my reference would have to create a new email address somewhere that had a .com ending. Bizarre and annoying. Oh well.

Archived