Premed 101 Forums

Parents with you on interview weekend?

Hey guys,

I've never really seen this question around the forums, so I'll give it a shot..

I'd say most parents are pretty excited about interviews and some might even want to check out the campuses too.

My question regarding UWO interviews is...

Do most people go alone?

Do most people go with their parents?

Can we bring our parents along for the tours if they want to see where they're sending their kid for medical school?

(If you've already gone through the UWO interview process and can shed light on this that'd be great!)

Thanks!

I drove down with my dad last year and it was ok..

My mom told me last minute that she was coming with me to my interview in new york to do shopping (in christmas season) --> bad idea, she just got on my nerves, made me nervous.

it depends on how your parents are. If they are going to be on your case because it is their nature to, tell them to sit out on the bench.

I agree... it seems as though you're leaning towards bringing a parent/parents, and that's perfectly fine. If you're asking what the majority do, most come alone. But there are definitely people who bring a supportive other with them. You're more than welcome to bring parents on the campus tour as well if they're interested!

i want to see someone pull an American Idol contestant i.e. bring the whole fam: parents, siblings, cousins, uncles, aunts, grandparents, great grandparents and all. oh and never forget the boy/girlfriend and best friends, and the elementary school teacher.

seeing that'd totally calm my nerves.

Just don't bring them into the actual interview with you...

"These are my parents. They will be answering questions on my behalf."

Understand that if you bring your parents into the actual info session, you will be *that* guy and we will judge you accordingly.

Eh, if you do decide to bring 'em, I doubt anyone will care. If they do care, then they obviously have too much time on their hands... Just do what you think you're most comfortable with.

Eh, if you do decide to bring 'em, I doubt anyone will care. If they do care, then they obviously have too much time on their hands... Just do what you think you're most comfortable with.

Hm, now it makes me wonder...you said you had a great interview, but somehow you got rejected...:confused:

;) *plants seed of self-doubt in Law's mind*

Hm, now it makes me wonder...you said you had a great interview, but somehow you got rejected...:confused:

;) *plants seed of self-doubt in Law's mind*

Haha, well feeling that the interview went well doesn't mean it was good relative to others... but yeah, the interview was way better than what Jochi had to endure. Fingers crossed for ya momma J.

I drove down with my dad last year and it was ok..

My mom told me last minute that she was coming with me to my interview in new york to do shopping (in christmas season) --> bad idea, she just got on my nerves, made me nervous.

it depends on how your parents are. If they are going to be on your case because it is their nature to, tell them to sit out on the bench.

ROFL hahaha

Archived