Premed 101 Forums

Verbal reasoning -question distribution

sv3

Hi,

Does anyone know if questions from humanities, natural sciences, and social sciences are distributed equally on the MCAT? I just took my first test to diagnose my VR skills and turns out i bombed humanities but did pretty well in the other two areas. Unfortunately, there were significantly more questions from humanities than the other two categories so I was curious if the distribution I saw was common or not?

thanks

sv

It's kind of a random grab, so overall they're evenly distributed, but any given test will have a random assortment. That being said, it shouldn't matter a whole lot, since these tests' questions are typically geared in similar directions.

Yah.... they're usually pretty equal.... with some tests randomly having more of one subject....

The thing is, you think you're weak with humanities... and then one day get a killer passages on Quantum Computers and realize you weren't as strong with the science based verbal passages as you may have hoped :).

But if you're consistently weakest in humanities, try to find some practice material, isolate the humanities passages and just go nuts with practice....

Good luck

that's a good point about thinking your great at one thing until the killer passage arrives. Either way the only way to go is be great at all three so that's the plan......practice till I write every test there is!

"Sets of questions in the Verbal Reasoning section are presented in order from easiest to hardest"

Does that mean the killer passages will always be passages 6 and 7?

I think I am misinterpreting the above statement so just want to be sure. Knowing this will help me allocate my time in the most effecient way.

thanks

Steve

Archived