Premed 101 Forums

How Candidates are Ranked?

aclementine

Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone know anything about this...

My friend heard from the admissions office that people with the highest gpas are interviewed earlier in the week (Monday, Tuesday), and people with lower gpas are interviewed on Thursday and Friday. How true is this?

Also, how does McGill decide who gets an interview, and who gets accepted?

Is there a % breakdown of what MCAT, GPA, Essays, Reference Letters, and Interview is worth?

Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone know anything about this...

My friend heard from the admissions office that people with the highest gpas are interviewed earlier in the week (Monday, Tuesday), and people with lower gpas are interviewed on Thursday and Friday. How true is this?

Also, how does McGill decide who gets an interview, and who gets accepted?

Is there a % breakdown of what MCAT, GPA, Essays, Reference Letters, and Interview is worth?

Breakdown

40% academic+ecs

10% personal interview

50% MMI

This is was given by the Admissions committee to OOP and int. students.

this is very very strange... are any of you doing interviews in French? there is no other explanation for why i am on friday...

That seems like a good possibility why. "A" and on Monday, English. 30% GPA? ouch. I wish that MCAT was worth more than 10%. :/

Haha, looks like we all have different 'official' versions. I always thought this breakdown made the most sense:

50% MMI

10% 20 Minute Interview

10% MCAT

20% GPA

10% ECs/Letters/Essays

But I don't know what it is. All we know is that the full interview is worth twice the amount as a regular station.

when was this?

drolet gave an informative lecture some time ago (4-5 months ago) that my friend recorded and i listened to the day before my interview...

20/10/20/50 she said.

and I would think letter/ECs/Reports are part of the formal (20%)

drolet gave an informative lecture some time ago (4-5 months ago) that my friend recorded and i listened to the day before my interview...

20/10/20/50 she said.

Could you listen to it again, just to make sure lol?

Meh, I guess it doesn't matter now - it is what it is. I'm just hoping they drop our worst station, because I did do poorly on one (respectably+ on the others).

20/10/20/50 she said.

At my actual interview day, Mr. Dansereau seemed to think that the entire MMI day (personal interview and MMI) would be worth about 70%. He further stated that the admissions committee could update their grading rubric however they wanted, and that nothing was set in stone.

Archived