Premed 101 Forums

I have a question regarding the letters of recommendation. I have worked with a family doctor in the community who is a faculty member as well. Since I have worked with him 101 for 6 wks, he knows me pretty well and can write a very strong letter for me.. I was wondering whether his letter would be valuable for the Radiology program or they prefer to see one from surgeons or internists, beside the radiologist of course .

Thank you so much

Sara Kj

Meds2010

I have a question regarding the letters of recommendation. I have worked with a family doctor in the community who is a faculty member as well. Since I have worked with him 101 for 6 wks, he knows me pretty well and can write a very strong letter for me.. I was wondering whether his letter would be valuable for the Radiology program or they prefer to see one from surgeons or internists, beside the radiologist of course .

Thank you so much

Sara Kj

Meds2010

If it's a really strong letter, it doesn't matter who it's from. My best radiology references were from a psychiatrist and an obs/gyne. Obviously a strong rads references is better, but a strong reference, regardless of who writes it, is better than a mediocre radiology reference.

Agree with 0nsp. You should have one radiology reference if possible, but I think it is most important that your letters be strong (detailed + positive). Manitoba was the only school that I remember stated a preference for letters from medicine or surgery, but if the family physician you've worked with can attest to your work ethic, it shouldn't matter.. My referees were a radiologist, internist, and family physician.

Archived