Premed 101 Forums

Pet Peeve of the Day

Let's hear em. I'm looking for really specific stuff, not "stupid people" or "arrogance"

My pet peeve of the day is people rushing into elevators as soon as they open, regardless of the fact that the elevator is full of people looking to get off.

This happens at my university library so often. I just don't get it. Do they think the elevator is going to close and leave them there before they have a chance to get on or something?

Feel free to post as many as you can think of

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Working with a compulsive liar....today I heard yet ANOTHER version of that vehicle accident call he (well, today he said it was his son :rolleyes: ) responded to ages ago...I think it's the 5th time he's told me that story, and every time there are major differences. One time he said there was one passenger, another time he said there were 2, one time he said the passenger was dead, but the driver wasn't, the other time he said the driver was dead, but the passenger wasn't, one time he said a Dr. responded to scene to give the dying person morphine and they watched her die while trapped in the vehicle, another time he said they extracted said dying person and drove her to the hospital before she died.....:rolleyes:

He also told me about a call they had like 2 days ago, I had already heard the story from my other (normal) partner, it was a cardiac. Now he says the guy had bled out internally from some sort of major trauma (my other partner said it was a regular medical call, they picked up the guy at his apartment).

Don't even get me started on when he starts telling me about calls that he and I did TOGETHER and changing the details/partners/whatever.:rolleyes:

Let's hear em. I'm looking for really specific stuff, not "stupid people" or "arrogance"

My pet peeve of the day is people rushing into elevators as soon as they open, regardless of the fact that the elevator is full of people looking to get off.

This happens at my university library so often. I just don't get it. Do they think the elevator is going to close and leave them there before they have a chance to get on or something?

Feel free to post as many as you can think of

I'm a big fan of countering pet peeves.

So, for your elevator thing, when you're inside the elevator, stand right at the door and rush to get out, effectively blocking the idiots trying to rush in.

I'm a big fan of countering pet peeves.

So, for your elevator thing, when you're inside the elevator, stand right at the door and rush to get out, effectively blocking the idiots trying to rush in.

Oh man I'm fighting all of my pet peeves. Another one I have is people cutting corners around blind left turns in hallways. Here in North America a general "pass on the right" system has developed. So in crowded hallways, so long as people pass on the right, collisions should be minimal. Unless you're the lazy bastard who wants to save 3 steps by cutting corners. So they're walking down a hallway on the right side, are going to turn left, so they hug the corner on the blind turn and smack into someone who is coming the other way, keeping to the right. It happens so often. I think I might start making right turns with my fist out in front of me.

my pet peeve, are stupid profs who put too much info or too little on their slides. can there be a consensus that only pertinent info should be placed in a ppt presentation! geez.

another pet peeve is not being able to evaluate a class at the end of the semester but only "a selected few" (the ones that are super easy and that the profs know that they will be evaluated!) are evaluated agr

and last, waiting over 1 mth to receive your mark on a MULTIPLE CHOICE exam! geez.

ok im done.

my pet peeve, are stupid profs who put too much info or too little on their slides. can there be a consensus that only pertinent info should be placed in a ppt presentation! geez.

another pet peeve is not being able to evaluate a class at the end of the semester but only "a selected few" (the ones that are super easy and that the profs know that they will be evaluated!) are evaluated agr

and last, waiting over 1 mth to receive your mark on a MULTIPLE CHOICE exam! geez.

ok im done.

I have the opposite problem.... I cant stand doing evaluations... in one course they expected us to evealuate EVERY course (i.e. every week) since there were different professors all the time.... yeah, I have nothing better to do at the end of my day than fill out a form that won't lead to any significant changes anyway

i can't stand it when people sit at the back of the bus, pull the cord to get the bus to stop, then walk all the way up to the front of the bus (usually falling on everyone in the process) to go out the front door when there are people waiting at the stop to get on. Hellooooo people, there is a back door for a reason!

If you sit near the front, go out the front door. But why walk from the back to the front, walking right past the back door?!

I don't like it when people breathe loudly when everyone else is being quiet and trying to study. I don't like it because it is really annoying and because I can't go up to them and say 'Don't breathe so loudly!' without coming across as a jerk and a psycho.

1. Loudtalkers. A group member of mine is an extremely loud talker and talks super duper loud in quiet meeting areas we frequent. sigh. It doesn't matter where we are, he talks really really loud.

2. Slow walkers who don't let you pass them. There's a bridge I need to cross every day to get to school and I'm always stuck behind slow walkers who take up the entire bridge so I can't pass them!!!! argh!!

3. People who hit on you based on looks only (when you have yet to even open your mouth to say something). People will argue with this one but I find it annoying to get hit on a lot by idiots who judge me just by looks, when I haven't even opened my mouth yet. I could be a complete idiot, have an annoying voice, might not even speak English or be a man in drag lol but I guess it doesn't matter. I'm not even talking about the club. Honking at me from cars, hollering from your house patio and dropping stupid pickup lines at the library = :mad:. I know you have to first initiate a conversation with someone to hit on them and have a chance at getting to know them but there are other "ways" to do that, like smiling and saying hi, going to the club to hook up or asking if we're walking the same way to school. Maybe sit next to me in class and talk about how lame the lecture is. Who the hell would talk to someone who whistles or goes "hey baby"? This has always confused me.

4. Nosey moms. enough said.

5. Attitude from waiters at restaurants or slow staff at restaurants or stores who talk to one another and ignore you. At my campus restaurant, I had to wait 10 minutes while 2 idiot hosts finished their conversation to come and seat me. I've also gotten a lot of attitude from waiters at the local Moxies who think they are the greatest thing since sliced break. This happens at retail places too, when you're waiting forever for someone to ring you out and they're busy talking to their buddies.

6. Popped collars. Too many here at Western...it's an eyesore.

2. Slow walkers who don't let you pass them. There's a bridge I need to cross every day to get to school and I'm always stuck behind slow walkers who take up the entire bridge so I can't pass them!!!! argh!!

6. Popped collars. Too many here at Western...it's an eyesore.

1) Bridge over the dirty Thames? I SECOND THAT!

2) popped collars on the men and girls wearing tights as pants

Apostrophes. If something is plural, it is NOT apostrophe s!!!! I want to lose it every time I see this happening.... and it's becoming more and more common. I actually saw something the other day that said "Donair's - 2 for 5" .... I wonder what a "donair is" tastes like.....

I forgot about slow walkers. I'm always secretly tempted to say things like "watch out, there's a car!!" or "that guy has a gun!!" to see them scatter so I can walk by them.

Archived