Premed 101 Forums

Pet Peeve of the Day

people who put their hand up in lecture and ask "do we have to know that for the exam" after every minute detail the prof presents.

and yet, i bet as you make a face of disgust and snicker at that person, you listen intently to the prof's response

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
people who put their hand up in lecture and ask "do we have to know that for the exam" after every minute detail the prof presents.

I don't usually mind, but it happened today in one of my review classes. People went a bit overboard on asking what we should and should not know. I mean, we've only had like 14 lectures... there's not that much to know.

I just can't stand being evaluated...:D

Um, your applying for med school right? from univeristy?

Pet Peeve of life: One crap mark in university in 1st year could potentially screw up your cGPA.

Pet Peeve of the day: Missed out on ER episode =.=

Oh man I'm fighting all of my pet peeves. Another one I have is people cutting corners around blind left turns in hallways. Here in North America a general "pass on the right" system has developed. So in crowded hallways, so long as people pass on the right, collisions should be minimal. Unless you're the lazy bastard who wants to save 3 steps by cutting corners. So they're walking down a hallway on the right side, are going to turn left, so they hug the corner on the blind turn and smack into someone who is coming the other way, keeping to the right. It happens so often. I think I might start making right turns with my fist out in front of me.

haha this is a pretty funny one

Two more I experienced today:

-People who don't wipe off gym equipment after use..leaving visible moisture and residue.

-When people pull up on the road beside you and stare at you for a little longer than is socially acceptable.

-When people pull up on the road beside you and stare at you for a little longer than is socially acceptable.

I usually find that winking at them or doing something else to make them feel awkward lets you come out as the winner in this situation.

OMG, or just when people stare, period...a few weeks ago, our crew of 3 was out at Tim Horton's. There was a family of 3 (adult child) at another table, and no one else. We were there for half an hour, and they didn't take their eyes off of us ONCE. Every time any of us would look in their general direction, we'd see them sitting there STARING. Not just glancing, but STARING! One of my partners is a pretty big guy, so he's like, "Ok, I don't understand why they are staring...is it because they've never seen a fat guy? Is it because they've never seen a uniform? Is it because they've never seen a fat guy in uniform!?":p

And the worst thing, we couldn't react in any way, cuz we were wearing the aforementioned uniforms!:mad: LOL.

Also on a similar note, people on msn that puts their comment message as "Busy, don't disturb!!" If you're so busy why are you online on msn you moron:mad:

Ha ha...had no idea that could bother someone so much! Generally it means a person is only busy for SOME people. And you generally know who you are. When my busy sign is up cause I'm studying...my friends who are studying know they can still message me with questions. But others, say my sister, who is just at work and wants to not work, and just wants to say hi and kill time...well then she should know better...and if she still messages me, at least I have given fair warning that I will not be answering back.

One of my pet peeves: Trying to merge onto the highway where the speed limit is 100 but everyone goes at least 120...stuck behind someone going 60 or even 80.

Ha ha...had no idea that could bother someone so much! Generally it means a person is only busy for SOME people. .

Lol, and maybe only a pet peeve for a people it's intended for?

My pet peeve?

Jeopardy player profiles.

Those useless stories they tell about themselves halfway through the first round.

Alex "So here we have Cindy, and Cindy likes boats, isn't that right?"

Cindy "Well yes, I love boats, but I've never been on one, but I have a picture of one in my house."

Alex "I own 3 boats, and back to the board."

USELESS, give me more trivia!

Archived