Premed 101 Forums

Pet Peeve of the Day

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Animals being eaten in the wild = predation. Again, repeat after me, predation.... PREDATION... not commercial slaughtering.

vegetarians who advocate that killing animals is wrong, say that commercial mass slaughter is wrong, not predation. Also, the way the animals are killed or kept alive before the killing may be unethical. Again, completely different than PREDATION! ... PREDATION... lol again PREDATION... not commercial slaughtering.

Yes but we can not sustain a population by having every family or every 5 families hunting to provide meat for themselves. large scale raising of herd animals is needed to keep up to the demands of the population.

This does not mean that the current conditions of large-scale herd farms is acceptable or that I accept the use of hormone and anitbiotic use in herd animals (funny and sad that I have to put that disclaimer in).

There are vegetarians that think that it is unmoral/unethical/wrong to eat another living creature.

If vegetarians have beef (hah) with the way animals are kept, why not attack that specific problem rather than give up meat altogether?

I have a friend that is a vegetarian only because she's been one for many years. Yes, that's it. A part of me died the day I learned that.

This is another one of my pet peeves that just came to mind. When I call some place and have to give my name, everytime I say LAWRENCE.... they think I"m saying Warren or Lauren. I HATE IT SO MUCH, that I've resorted to just giving a fake name everytime I call some place.

Are there any other Lawrences out there with this issue?? lol

This is another one of my pet peeves that just came to mind. When I call some place and have to give my name, everytime I say LAWRENCE.... they think I"m saying Warren or Lauren. I HATE IT SO MUCH, that I've resorted to just giving a fake name everytime I call some place.

Are there any other Lawrences out there with this issue?? lol

LOL, Warren.:D :D

People can never say my full name right...and honestly, I hate it when they keep trying...just call me by the short version, goddamit, lol.

To continue my previous post.

7. Rude people in general. I can't stand people who lack a basic understanding of decency. If I hold a door open for you, say thanks or smile, don't rush through and hit me on the way with your ridiculously big backpack. Or jiggle your leg in lecture when all the seats/desks are combined together in one long row so my desk also jiggles. Or make excessive hmms, sighs, noisy breaths, mumbles or chair squeaks during exams. OR (I got this the other day) listen in to my phone conversation and then randomly repeat the last thing I said to the person on the phone back to me in a retarded mock of my voice to get my attention? to randomly bother me for no reason?? to push my buttons?? WHY DID YOU DO THAT?!?!?! I hate you weirdo guy in my lobby!!!! man that pissed me off. :mad:

8. stalkery "friends". Just face it. I don't really want to be your friend. Just accept it. I only talk to you to complete our group project in a pseudo-pretense of being nice. Please don't go around and tell everyone that we're best friends and I'm going to your party (which I'm not) or tell everyone that we're going out for sushi (which I'd rather shoot myself in the face than go with you) or stalk me on facebook and tell me stuff I've written to other people on their walls or go on Craigslist and look up my ads ... CREEPO!!!! I've had 2 stalkery "friends" in university so far, they just think we're WAY better friends than we actually are.

9. Loud people in general. Is it really necessary that the person who lives above me clonk around in high heels 24/7 to drive me nuts? Even after I left her a note saying to kindly stop it?? Or that I used to be able to hear my old roomate talking on her cell phone when I was in my room on the 2nd floor and she was in the basement? Or the random dude on the bus who's yelling into their phone and is pretty much forcing everyone to listen to their convo. People sometimes are so careless with their behaviour, its ridiculous.

10. Stupid people. Someone argued to me and the whole class back in 1st year sociology that autism was cured and cited some bull**** papers in noname journals and random crap websites like Wikipedia. AND THE PROF SAID NOTHING AND AGREED. SO DID THE CLASS. I was like WTF?! has the whole world gone mad?? I disagreed with him in class and was basically shunned by everyone because he had "proof" and I didn't. My "proof" that I worked at a camp with autistic kids for 2 years had NO bearing on their decisions whatsoever. If it was cured... why am I working with these kids?!?!? Wouldn't it be on the news??? I gotta say I was embarrassed to be a Western student that day.

11. People who lack basic hygiene. It's gross to see people who lack basic hygiene. I was talking to a woman the other day who clearly hadn't washed her hair in weeks. It was matted and full of dandruff, and her job was to be a liaison between the university and all clubs :eek: Or this very nice professor whose breath smells like sardines, rancid milk, rotten eggs and dirty gym socks all at once. I can't stand talking to him :( Take showers, wash your hair, floss and brush your teeth! My old roommate (who I couldn't stand living with anymore) told me she would brush her teeth every 3 days EWWW :eek:

I hate when you're the sole car on a street, and someone wants to turn onto the street you're on in the same direction, and don't wait for you to go before merging.

This happens to me ALL the time. Like they have just enough time to make it ahead of me (but I have to hit the brakes) when they could just wait literally 5 seconds and there's no problem.

I also dislike about 75% of the engineers that study in the library. Because they CANNOT study alone, and they're always so loud. It's come to the point where if I'm choosing a table to study at for the night, and I notice that an engineering textbook on someone's table, I'll move as far away as I can get.

To continue my previous post.

7. Rude people in general. I can't stand people who lack a basic understanding of decency. If I hold a door open for you, say thanks or smile, don't rush through and hit me on the way with your ridiculously big backpack. Or jiggle your leg in lecture when all the seats/desks are combined together in one long row so my desk also jiggles. Or make excessive hmms, sighs, noisy breaths, mumbles or chair squeaks during exams. OR (I got this the other day) listen in to my phone conversation and then randomly repeat the last thing I said to the person on the phone back to me in a retarded mock of my voice to get my attention? to randomly bother me for no reason?? to push my buttons?? WHY DID YOU DO THAT?!?!?! I hate you weirdo guy in my lobby!!!! man that pissed me off. :mad:

8. stalkery "friends". Just face it. I don't really want to be your friend. Just accept it. I only talk to you to complete our group project in a pseudo-pretense of being nice. Please don't go around and tell everyone that we're best friends and I'm going to your party (which I'm not) or tell everyone that we're going out for sushi (which I'd rather shoot myself in the face than go with you) or stalk me on facebook and tell me stuff I've written to other people on their walls or go on Craigslist and look up my ads ... CREEPO!!!! I've had 2 stalkery "friends" in university so far, they just think we're WAY better friends than we actually are.

9. Loud people in general. Is it really necessary that the person who lives above me clonk around in high heels 24/7 to drive me nuts? Even after I left her a note saying to kindly stop it?? Or that I used to be able to hear my old roomate talking on her cell phone when I was in my room on the 2nd floor and she was in the basement? Or the random dude on the bus who's yelling into their phone and is pretty much forcing everyone to listen to their convo. People sometimes are so careless with their behaviour, its ridiculous.

10. Stupid people. Someone argued to me and the whole class back in 1st year sociology that autism was cured and cited some bull**** papers in noname journals and random crap websites like Wikipedia. AND THE PROF SAID NOTHING AND AGREED. SO DID THE CLASS. I was like WTF?! has the whole world gone mad?? I disagreed with him in class and was basically shunned by everyone because he had "proof" and I didn't. My "proof" that I worked at a camp with autistic kids for 2 years had NO bearing on their decisions whatsoever. If it was cured... why am I working with these kids?!?!? Wouldn't it be on the news??? I gotta say I was embarrassed to be a Western student that day.

11. People who lack basic hygiene. It's gross to see people who lack basic hygiene. I was talking to a woman the other day who clearly hadn't washed her hair in weeks. It was matted and full of dandruff, and her job was to be a liaison between the university and all clubs :eek: Or this very nice professor whose breath smells like sardines, rancid milk, rotten eggs and dirty gym socks all at once. I can't stand talking to him :( Take showers, wash your hair, floss and brush your teeth! My old roommate (who I couldn't stand living with anymore) told me she would brush her teeth every 3 days EWWW :eek:

I was about to say that you sound very high maintenance and judgmental, until I realized that I agree with most of what you said.

I hate when profs encourage us to buy the brand new edition of a book, yet all of the figure references in the lecture slides are from the previous edition....

On a related note, I hate it when profs encourage us to buy the brand new edition of a book.. the book they happen to have authored.

On a related note, I hate it when profs encourage us to buy the brand new edition of a book.. the book they happen to have authored.

I know a prof who uses his own book in his course, and one section of his final exam is a passage from the book with words missing, and the students have to fill in the correct words...

I know a prof who uses his own book in his course, and one section of his final exam is a passage from the book with words missing, and the students have to fill in the correct words...

sounds like a high school religion test

Archived