Premed 101 Forums

Pet Peeve of the Day

Huge pet peeve of mine:

Hippies/activists for something completely pointless (ie: the legalization of pot) who manage to find their way into the student center, form a large *circle of love* and either A) protest, B)play out of tune 'songs of peace' on the guitar, or (and this is the worst) C) Stop you, ask for "a moment of your time" and try to convince you of their cause. Even though you're already late for class. Seriously.

Ah, i feel so much better letting that out.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Huge pet peeve of mine:

Hippies/activists for something completely pointless (ie: the legalization of pot) who manage to find their way into the student center, form a large *circle of love* and either A) protest, B)play out of tune 'songs of peace' on the guitar, or (and this is the worst) C) Stop you, ask for "a moment of your time" and try to convince you of their cause. Even though you're already late for class. Seriously.

Ah, i feel so much better letting that out.

Ahh, I see you've been to UVic recently. :P

P.S. This thread is hilarious, any time I need a laugh I just look it up

No verbal smackdown on her? :confused: I'd of been all over that one!
Trust me. I started coming up with a bunch of things I wanted to tell her, like how I'm not in high school for starters, but then I'd just be yelling in a grocery store at a woman who's not worth a single minute of my time.

Plus, I think my "charming" smile annoyed her more than yelling at her would have. lol.

I had a terrible customer at work once 3 years ago. She bought a new gamecube for her son for christmas, unknowingly that the kids generous uncle also bought him an xbox. So the kid (being a greedy *******) decides to tear the packaging off both of them christmas morning, play each system for a couple of hours and decide he would rather keep the xbox.

So the woman comes back with an open system trying to return it for her money back.

We spoke for over 30 minutes. I explained to her as calmly as I could that I could not take back the new system she bought, as it is no longer new, and I could not sell it to another person at that price. She screamed and yelled and screamed and yelled until her final ultimatum was "I am NOT leaving this store until I have the original payment IN CASH"

And I said "the store closes at 9. I am leaving at 9, you can stay here all night if you really feel the need, I no longer care."

she left crying.

Hahaha. The line about the store closing at 9 was great.

I worked at Wal-Mart for 3 months and this woman tried to buy two 5lb bags of dog food. There was a sale on for 10lb bags, but we were sold out so she thought 2*5lbs = 1*10lbs in terms of price. She started yelling and the manager came and asked her to leave. So she exits the store (without any dog food). Then, and I kid you not, she comes back into the store 10 minutes later with her 3 dogs (some big Marmaduke types) and releases them from their leashes. So, there are 3 dogs running around the store and eating things and drooling on the clothing and she just stands there laughing. In the end, the police were called and I think she was fined and had to pay for property damage.

I worked at Wal-Mart for 3 months and this woman tried to buy two 5lb bags of dog food. There was a sale on for 10lb bags, but we were sold out so she thought 2*5lbs = 1*10lbs in terms of price. She started yelling and the manager came and asked her to leave. So she exits the store (without any dog food). Then, and I kid you not, she comes back into the store 10 minutes later with her 3 dogs (some big Marmaduke types) and releases them from their leashes. So, there are 3 dogs running around the store and eating things and drooling on the clothing and she just stands there laughing. In the end, the police were called and I think she was fined and had to pay for property damage.

haha wow that is a fantastic story! I definitely lol'd at work when I read that :P

Pet Peeve of the Day:

When radio stations use:

1. car honking

2. fire truck/ambulance/police car siren

as sound effects, and I happen to be driving.

That happened a lot for certain Vancouver stations.

OMG, yes!

And may I add: various alarms that sound EXACTLY like my alarm clock...at work we spend a few hours in the hospital cafeteria every morning, and their timer sounds the same way as my alarm clock and they let it beep for 2-3 minutes straight before they go turn it off. Drives me insane!

Due to extensive recent travelling, my Pet Peeve:

When plane has reached the gate, and almost all people in the aisles wait until AFTER everyone in front of them has left before they start pulling all their luggage out of the overhead compartment. The number doing this approaches 100% as time before my connecting flight decreases in length.

I used to be a cashier at a thrift store, and one night at 10pm, a guy came in with bloody shoes, went to the back, switched his shoes with clean ones and walked out...

LOL! That's hilarious and so incredibly sketchy.

Pet peeve of the day:

When people judge you for something, but then they show that they're really just a hypocrite. For example, I was on the bus on the way to the mall yesterday with my friend. It's only a 15 minute bus ride...

friend: Oh, you brought your ipod. Why? That's kinda silly.

me: Because I had it in my pocket and forgot to leave it at home.

friend: Can I see?

*I hand her the ipod. She scrolls for a few minutes*

friend: Eww! You like Interpol. Really? Interpol?!?!

me: Yeah. I like a few of their songs.

friend: Well, I don't like them at all. I wouldn't have them on my ipod if you paid me! The only song I have of theirs is The Heinrich Maneuver. It's really catchy like some of their other songs that I like of theirs, like Evil. I have a couple of their songs. But I don't like them at all.

me: Uh, okay then. :|

Due to extensive recent travelling, my Pet Peeve:

When plane has reached the gate, and almost all people in the aisles wait until AFTER everyone in front of them has left before they start pulling all their luggage out of the overhead compartment. The number doing this approaches 100% as time before my connecting flight decreases in length.

+1

10char

My Pet Peeve of the day:

I hate it when someone really tall and broad sits next to me on a train/bus (those two seater seats). I understand that you have long legs and broad shoulders and what not and need a lot of room to sit, but that does not mean I have NO bum and NO legs and you can just squish me against the window. Thats just MEAN.

This story is priceless!!!!! I laughed so hard my dog started barking and my roomate came to see if I was ok! What a lunatic lady...

My pet peeves: when people use "would of" instead of "would have" or when they use WTF or FML in every sentence...seriously, speak English lol

My pet peeve is when you accidentally run over someone's dog and you get hell for it from the owner. IT WAS AN ACCIDENT.

wow that's horrible

tell that to the mother of the child that you accidently ran over, but then again you would probably be talking to the police by then and having charges laid against you...

true story, this happened when i was in highschool...a student hit a kid "by accident" on her way to school and was charged, she lost her license and had to do some form of restitution

im a huge animal lover, so if you ran over my dog accident or not, i wouldnt take it so lightly

but to each their own :)

Complete strangers on the bus who don't understand the universal rule that listening to ipod = not open to conversation.

I am listening to my ipod to cut out the noise, and in this case the 'noise' includes your voice. I am aware of the current weather conditions, the number of people on the bus and how infrequently the bus comes. As an admin, I have just spent 8 hours listening to my co-workers talk/whine (mainly whine) endlessly about absolute nonsense - perhaps you should meet them.

My pet peeve is when you accidentally run over someone's dog and you get hell for it from the owner. IT WAS AN ACCIDENT.

Wow really? Most often when you "accidentally" do run over someone/someone's dog it is because you were doing something wrong or not paying attention in the first place?

I think it's stupid when people are like "oops I accidentally ran that red", or not pay attention while driving and think it is wrong that someone gives them ****.

My roommate tried to excuse his gf's bad driving because "she has a depth perception problem and can't see how far away things really are." lol as if driving is a right rather than a privilege.

but I hope if you do run over a child you will make yourself feel better by saying "it was an accident." No it is someone's fault, either yours or theirs. Most often if you the one driving the car it is your fault.

By the way, has anyone else noticed that people are starting to actually say things like "WTF" and such (instead of actually saying what the F***) when they are speaking out loud?

Archived