Premed 101 Forums

cardiac surgery

other than the training whats that different?

Well the differences in training are quite significant. The direct cardiac route vs general surgery to cardiothoracic.

Other than training I suspect there are some differences in the Canadian and American job markets. The general trends are similar, but the devil is in the details. How's that for vague?

Guest copacetic
Well the differences in training are quite significant. The direct cardiac route vs general surgery to cardiothoracic.

Other than training I suspect there are some differences in the Canadian and American job markets. The general trends are similar, but the devil is in the details. How's that for vague?

lol, its quite good for vague. Outstanding actually!

What vaguely concerns me about myself is that what you said kind of made sense to me :o

Guest copacetic
I don't know how much it applies across the country, but cardiac and thoracic services are separate in Halifax, though there are several surgeons who do both cardiac and vascular procedures.

I believe thats the way its set up in most of canada. Cardiac and thoracic services tend to be done by separate people. Thoracic, vs Cardiac surgeons. What tends to happen is that people who are cardiothoracic surgeons (i.e. qualified to do either) will tend to stick to one area. either cardiac or thoracic

Archived