Premed 101 Forums

Uoft Acceptances Are Out

Does anyone know what the laptop specifications are? I thought they would have sent that info in the pre-registration package like they indicated they would in their letter...

According to 2008-09 calendar, tuition fees:

yr 1: $28,901

yr 2: $27,920

yr 3: $27,494

yr 4: $23,754

Looks like fees have gone up this year (yr. 1 = $30,800)

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does anyone know what the laptop specifications are? I thought they would have sent that info in the pre-registration package like they indicated they would in their letter...

I wouldn't suggest buying a labtop just yet. I have not brought my labtop once to school during 1st year.

Personally I think tablets are cool. I know a bunch of my classmates bring their labtops to class to type notes, but most of us are still pen and paper. If you can see yourself using the tablet a lot to write notes, I'd say go for it. If you have a labtop from undergrad, you could always wait and see what you feel like in dental school.

I don't know of any programs at U of T that are more Mac friendly. I have a PC from undergrad and it worked fine. A good chunk of my classmates had Macs and I don't think they had any issues. Not sure about upper years.

Hi guys,...

I just got rejected, not even wait listed. Aside from feeling like utter ****, I'm just slightly confused. The averages for those admitted were GPA 3.84, AA 20, and PAT 20.

I have 3.88, 21, 17. Can someone tell me if that PAT score of 17 really hurt me, or if it was more likely the interview? The interview I thought went okay except for the last question where I botched it.

I've sent an email to their office but I was wondering if any of you guys could give me your thoughts?

Thanks, and congrats to those who got in.

I have cGPA=3.89, AA=19, PAT=18 so you can say very much like you. I am applying for the next cycle and now I feel very bad and not confidant at all. I think I should repeat the DAT next November.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't know of any programs at U of T that are more Mac friendly. I have a PC from undergrad and it worked fine. A good chunk of my classmates had Macs and I don't think they had any issues. Not sure about upper years.

Apple has a promotion now for univ students where you get a free iPod Touch when you buy a Mac laptop. A tour guide from the interview day though said she never used her laptop because everything was diagrams and you get free printing with your tuition... Can you send data from your personal laptop to UT's printers?

Apple has a promotion now for univ students where you get a free iPod Touch when you buy a Mac laptop. A tour guide from the interview day though said she never used her laptop because everything was diagrams and you get free printing with your tuition... Can you send data from your personal laptop to UT's printers?

I've been at U of T for a very long time and I've always heard of this free printing but never sure how to get it. I should look into this lol

Is there anyone who got something around 15 on PAT and got interview from UFT? I know UWO doesn't care for PAT and I also know both the schools just weigh DAT 10%. I have 4.0 GPA, 20 AA and 15 PAT. Do they have any cutoff for PAT as UWO has for RC?

Does anyone know what the class schedule is like for first yr dental students at UofT? Is it mon - fri 8 am - 5pm?

It is roughly 8:30am-5pm most days. It varies take an hour or 2. I can send you last year's schedule if you private message me with an email address. Attendance at most lectures are not mandatory and people sometimes choose not to come.

Is there anyone who got something around 15 on PAT and got interview from UFT? I know UWO doesn't care for PAT and I also know both the schools just weigh DAT 10%. I have 4.0 GPA, 20 AA and 15 PAT. Do they have any cutoff for PAT as UWO has for RC?

My PAT was 16 (only 26th percentile on Nov 08 DAT) and I actually got accepted to UT this year. So as long as everything else is strong, you're ok with a low PAT.

Archived