Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Had our first coaches meeting last night for Football this season.

Can't wait to see the players this weekend and get into evaluating the kids!

foooootballlllll

Speaking of football, am I the only one who doesn't understand why everyone's so shocked about the current NFL "scandal". It's like people can't believe something like that would happen in pro sports.

Speaking of football, am I the only one who doesn't understand why everyone's so shocked about the current NFL "scandal". It's like people can't believe something like that would happen in pro sports.

Back when I played, it was celebrated when you put on a lights-out hit and knocked someone out of the game. My teammates and coaches would be cheering and giving high-fives while a player was being attended to by the training staff on the field for a serious injury. As bad as that sounds, I felt really good about it too, as that was the way we were taught to play football (not dirty but smashmouth, hard-hitting ball). It's the same at every level. The Saints are just a scapegoat for what has been going on in the league since it began. Just because teams may hit hard and try to knock you out of the game doesn't mean they are breaking any rules. It's all just way overblown because the NFL is under scrutiny to reduce injuries (mainly concussions) and make the game safer. There will be harsh penalties issued and unfortunately, one team will take the fall for the league as a whole.

I had such an awesome birthday weekend!! The Habs-Leafs game was lots of fun on Saturday night, even though the Habs played like *$#?*/$ past the 10-minute mark or so in the first period and we were surrounded by Leafs fans :P A fight very nearly broke out right behind us when a guy decided it was (finally) time to clubber that annoyingly bad drunk lol. And a few Leafs fans put up a banner on the far wall that said "RIP Wilson" haha!

I had a sweet dinner with my family on Sunday night, and my good friend all the way back from high school even managed to join us! Then yesterday I went shopping with my mom (my present), and went to see Safe House with that same friend. Up until last winter, I hadn't seen him for probably 8 years or so, and we hadn't even talked at all for 6-7 years (he was away with the army for long stretches though)! Now we've met up 3 times in the span of a month, so much fun. I can't wait until my shoulder is healed and I can go bike with him this summer and cross-country ski next winter! And since he used to be an elite biathlete well I have my own private ski instructor :D

My shoulder's doing ok as well though yesterday's shopping session left its traces and my physio ended up only working on the muscles today to loosen it up. I meet with my surgeon next Monday to hopefully hear good news and finally be able to start strengthening that side. Looking forward to seeing the surgery pics and get more details.

Now enjoying my March break though I need to start studying for my last midterm which is next Tuesday... I'm so going to bed before 9 tonight!

It is hard to believe that just a couple of days ago I was sleepless and worrying constantly over a midterm. Now I am carefree, enjoying a few days to myself.

On another note, does anyone know when the user cp and pm will start working again? My signature is getting kinda out of date:( .

It is hard to believe that just a couple of days ago I was sleepless and worrying constantly over a midterm. Now I am carefree' date=' enjoying a few days to myself.

On another note, does anyone know when the user cp and pm will start working again? My signature is getting kinda out of date:( .[/quote']

Hey Abstract,

If you click on the ''Quick Links'' tab you can edit your signature, and more :)

Archived