Premed 101 Forums

Waitlisters Unite!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, I don't think uofa students have to. When I double checked the supplementary application back in may, my final year gpa for both semesters (which was this year) had to have been included in my cumulative gpa calculation ... it's the ONLY way they could have gotten the number they calculated.... so maybe check there for yourself and see if it has been updated (I thought it was really weird for them to use my second semester GPA in calculating my average as it gives me a disadvantage compared to other students like those from Calgary). They also took off scores from one other year in which I did better.

Got off the waitlist today!

pGPA 3.75

cGPA 3.57 (Bad first 2 years)

MCAT 35Q

Apply: U of A, U of C

Interview: U of A, U of C

Rejected: U of C

Lots of employment and extracurriculars.

This was my 2nd time applying. Very excited!

Hi Halo,

I am pretty sure they will make more offers shortly. My friend got an offer from UA as an OOP and he will turn it down soon, so it will open up soon. I am rooting for ya!

do you think they are done giving offers?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I heard from UfA on jun 29 as well.. accepted off the waitlist!! :)

they called me as well to make shure that I was still interested in being on the waitlist and then rite when I hung up, I had a msg in my inbox.

Im an IP, and just joined the forummmm

mcat 10 10 10 T

GPA 3.7

MAd extracirruclarr

goooodd lucckkk to ppl stilll waitingg ...

hey, congrats, near mcat score twin!

they called me as well to make shure that I was still interested in being on the waitlist and then rite when I hung up, I had a msg in my inbox.

mcat 10 10 10 T

GPA 3.7

MAd extracirruclarr

Congrats!!

mcat 10 10 10 T

GPA 3.7

MAd extracirruclarr

I have a question for other waitlisters who have been taken off the waitlist recently (late June/early July) and will be attending U of A.

Have you all received your orientation package and schedule already? I have been hearing from other people that classes have been filling up and I don't want to end up with classes at really odd times.

Thanks in advance

I have a question for other waitlisters who have been taken off the waitlist recently (late June/early July) and will be attending U of A.

Have you all received your orientation package and schedule already? I have been hearing from other people that classes have been filling up and I don't want to end up with classes at really odd times.

Thanks in advance

I've posted the required classes in another thread just down the page ("class schedule" or something), so you should be able to register.

hey everybody, i got in off the wait list about 20 min ago

my gpa around 3.8

my mcat was 10 12 10 T

my extracurics included doing a student group, science fundamentals, safewalk, volunteering at the hospital, some triathlons, nserc research etc.

she phoned me to ask if i wanted to stay on the wait list before the offer so i think they have quite a few spots left

good luck to everyone else on the waitlist!!!

A late super congratulations!

I guess I'll have to start reading in the dark more if I want to be the blindest person in the class. :cool:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived