Premed 101 Forums

Acceptance Package/Immunizations

Hey everyone...just wondering if those accepted had gotten the acceptance package yet? Does it include the formal acceptance letter? Also as far as the immunizations are concerned..what if we have gotten them done already..will a record be enough to get that covered or does one have to get them done again?

I faxed in my acceptance form and payed the deposit using my UCID, but I still haven't received the package yet. The money doesn't show up on my UCalgary page so I think it is in that weird place between the bank and the school. If I don't hear anything by tomorrow I may give the office a call and make sure that I have done everything right. Has anyone else received the acceptance materials?

As for immunizations, I am pretty sure that if are current on all of the required ones you will not be required to get any more. Things like the TB test need to be taken every once and awhile (I believe) because you could have picked it up at any time.

I faxed in my acceptance form and payed the deposit using my UCID, but I still haven't received the package yet. The money doesn't show up on my UCalgary page so I think it is in that weird place between the bank and the school. If I don't hear anything by tomorrow I may give the office a call and make sure that I have done everything right. Has anyone else received the acceptance materials?

As for immunizations, I am pretty sure that if are current on all of the required ones you will not be required to get any more. Things like the TB test need to be taken every once and awhile (I believe) because you could have picked it up at any time.

Ya..I was kinda guessing around the same lines...I got a whole bunch done last year to work in a health setting....I dont mind getting one or two done again! I haven't received the package yet either.Maybe by the end of the week or earlier next week?!

I got an email today with a link to a website with all of this information.

For immunizations that you got through a public health vaccination program or through school, call 403-214-3641 for your AB health records, they can fax it over to your GP - that number is only for people living in Calgary.

The other vaccinations, your GP or an RN can sign off that you've had it.

I lived in Ontario for a while, anyone know how to get those records to AB?

Same here. It was working before. I wouldn't worry too much, they're probably updating it or something. It wasn't that helpful anyway, just some letters, like from the dean, MDfinancial and the Leaders In Medicine stuff. Apparently the orientation schedule is going up next week, which should be more interesting.

sorry I meant to say, the things needed to be done before May 25th is just the acceptance form signed and deposit righ? To secure the seat

Thats right! and You should have done that by now :D (5:29pm MST right now!)

Archived