Premed 101 Forums

U of T wait list

So did anyone move?

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one still on this thing (or everyone else is more patient ha ha)

Med school acceptances need to have a deposit down by Fri May 29 09

I heard this year there was an unprecedented # of applicants, and I know a lot of people who got interviews, who have perfect GPAs, get wait listed

I suspect that's why there's no movement as of yet...

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So did anyone move?

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one still on this thing (or everyone else is more patient ha ha)

Med school acceptances need to have a deposit down by Fri May 29 09

I heard this year there was an unprecedented # of applicants, and I know a lot of people who got interviews, who have perfect GPAs, get wait listed

I suspect that's why there's no movement as of yet...

where'd you hear that from?

perhaps the people with perfect GPAs didn't have as great an interview as you'd assume they would...i think the waitlist will probably move once the med school deposits are due. hang in there, and good luck!!:)

mach, you remind me of myself last year! i'm sure you can search the forum and find the posts that I made everyday about waitlist movements!!! don't worry, I feel like you were in the top 10. you're gonna get in!!! if it hasn't happened already though, i doubt it will happen soon. you probably gotta wait till late july or even august, but just try to relax and know that you will get in!!!

mach, you remind me of myself last year! i'm sure you can search the forum and find the posts that I made everyday about waitlist movements!!! don't worry, I feel like you were in the top 10. you're gonna get in!!! if it hasn't happened already though, i doubt it will happen soon. you probably gotta wait till late july or even august, but just try to relax and know that you will get in!!!

lol yah i'm #2 on the wait list

wow. i gotta wait until july or aug? the WL didnt' move for you even after the med students put deposits down ? (late may)

crap.

'fraid not

Mind you, this is anecdotal 'data' from a friend who got interviewed and knows a lot of interviewers

I hope the WL moves! I'm hoping that there'll be movement on fri...

There's no way that 1000 number is true. In UBC, there were 332 applicants for 08, for UWO there were 621 applicants.

I doubt there were even 1000 applicants in total, let alone an 1000 more than they're used to.

Wish me luck for western dent and you can have my UT spot... Bummer about the $2000 deposit i paid though.

Is there anything I can do to convince you out of western and just take U of T? haha.

but on a more serious note, out of curiosity, how come you dont want to accept U of T and prefer to take UWO?

Is there anything I can do to convince you out of western and just take U of T? haha.

but on a more serious note, out of curiosity, how come you dont want to accept U of T and prefer to take UWO?

Yes you can...by telling him that at UWO, it is not so easy to get your own patients while at UofT this is not a problem...

Um, I'm a girl. And the main reason I want to get into Western is that I live in Ingersoll, about a 40 minute commute to UWO and I don't want to sell my house and start paying rent or a mortgage on an expensive place in Toronto. Also, I'm going to work some weekends as a pharmacist in London if I go to Western, while if I go to UT my company may not be able to find a steady gig for me and so if I quit to do relief work I won't get my manager's bonus for this year. So you can see, none of my reasons are related to the dental schools at all. I did my pharmacy degree at UT (0T5) and it's a great school, but from the research I've done, I'm sure Western's great too.

Um, I'm a girl. And the main reason I want to get into Western is that I live in Ingersoll, about a 40 minute commute to UWO and I don't want to sell my house and start paying rent or a mortgage on an expensive place in Toronto. Also, I'm going to work some weekends as a pharmacist in London if I go to Western, while if I go to UT my company may not be able to find a steady gig for me and so if I quit to do relief work I won't get my manager's bonus for this year. So you can see, none of my reasons are related to the dental schools at all. I did my pharmacy degree at UT (0T5) and it's a great school, but from the research I've done, I'm sure Western's great too.

Well I hope you get into Western :)

(sorry dentshopeful)

Thanks, but I'm a little worried that I won't get accepted to Western. Their admitted average I've heard will be in the 90's this year, which I don't have. I'm actually kind of surprised UT's admitted average was only 3.84... That's what, 84%?

lol yah i'm #2 on the wait list

wow. i gotta wait until july or aug? the WL didnt' move for you even after the med students put deposits down ? (late may)

crap.

Mach - you should really go out and celebrate with friends/family. I think in all of UofT's classes, the top 20ish on WL is a NO-brainer. Ur #2, Good to go! Just a matter of time before u get that calling :D

Mach - you should really go out and celebrate with friends/family. I think in all of UofT's classes, the top 20ish on WL is a NO-brainer. Ur #2, Good to go! Just a matter of time before u get that calling :D

Thanks man! I hope so too. I'm just concerned as to why the WL hasn't moved much. It's only moved 2 spots ... I heard that the first 10 or so move early

Anyways i'm sure you're right. I'm just procrastinating here instead of writing my thesis lol

Thanks, but I'm a little worried that I won't get accepted to Western. Their admitted average I've heard will be in the 90's this year, which I don't have. I'm actually kind of surprised UT's admitted average was only 3.84... That's what, 84%?

What??? Admitted average in the 90s, where'd you hear that from? FML.

And no, 3.84 isn't 84% it could be anything, probably closer to 90%. Depends on what the range of grades is.

in the welcome room before western interviews I commented to a first year guide that his class must be very smart with their admitted average of 88% for class of 2012, and he said this year's applicants were even higher in the 90's. I don't know where he had heard that from though.

What does FML mean?

Those are really good reasons, I just thought that maybe it was something to do with the individual schools...

and where exactly did you hear that the admitted average for western will be in the 90's this year? How did you find this out.... I'm pretty that kind of information is confidential..., and it hasn't even been figured out yet for this year.

in the welcome room before western interviews I commented to a first year guide that his class must be very smart with their admitted average of 88% for class of 2012, and he said this year's applicants were even higher in the 90's. I don't know where he had heard that from though.

What does FML mean?

I don't know if it will come out on these forums, but FML means, **** my life. google it and check out the website, its kinda funny.

Archived