Premed 101 Forums

U of T wait list

Thanks! I think that was way back in April when the McGill deposits were due. Looks like we gotta wait until Aug :(

Hopefully some UfT students accept UWO's offer on the 22nd and then reject UfT. Well I really hope they do...TO THOSE ACCEPTED TO UFT AND AWAITING UWO'S OFFER - PLEASE REJECT UFT AS SOON AS YOU DECIDE TO ACCEPT UWO - THANKSSSSSSS :)!!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hopefully some UfT students accept UWO's offer on the 22nd and then reject UfT. Well I really hope they do...TO THOSE ACCEPTED TO UFT AND AWAITING UWO'S OFFER - PLEASE REJECT UFT AS SOON AS YOU DECIDE TO ACCEPT UWO - THANKSSSSSSS :)!!

+1

I know nobody wants to be the one doing the break up .. but I think all the WL'ers would really appreciate it lol

Hey guys!

Just to let everyone on the waitlist know, I am accepted to U of T but I think the Dal letters may have been sent out so if I get into Dal I will be accepting!

BTW I am OOP!!

Hope this helps!!Ughhh Dal takes soooo long!

Congrats on U of T and good luck for Dal. This should make some of our OOP WLers happy

I met a guy whose cousin rejected U of T Dentistry for Western Med last week. I called U of T dental admissions and they said there was no movement.

I suspect that even if there is 'unofficial' anecdotal movement, U of T won't say for sure until the secondy deposits in Aug are officially forfeited.

Crap.

Anyhoo, I believe that guy, so the wait list has anecdotally moved up one spot lol.

I met a guy whose cousin rejected U of T Dentistry for Western Med last week. I called U of T dental admissions and they said there was no movement.

I suspect that even if there is 'unofficial' anecdotal movement, U of T won't say for sure until the secondy deposits in Aug are officially forfeited.

Crap.

Anyhoo, I believe that guy, so the wait list has anecdotally moved up one spot lol.

Thanks for the update! It gives us a little bit of hope!

Crap.

I think UfT will start inviting people from the waitlist as soon as spots open up. Maybe your friend didn't officially reject them?

I think UfT will start inviting people from the waitlist as soon as spots open up. Maybe your friend didn't officially reject them?

Possible, but he insists he did. Could be a lag in the processing admin time?

Does anyone know what is required to officially forfeit your position (aside from not paying the secondary deposit)?

'cuz I'd imagine that they have to provide some signed documents to forfeit their position intentionally and not by default

• 2 weeks later...
Haha, NP. Sitting at #2 on the OOP list right now... so I guess now I just need one more person to drop. Fingers crossed!!!

Hey

Might wanna give U of T a call cuz I think the OOP WL just moved

Just to clarify (b/c the previous post was a bit confusing). I was accepted to U of T back in April...I sent an email to them last week saying that I would not be attending in the fall and this morning I received a confirmation email...so the waitlist should move.

I am OOP. Goodluck!!

Oh I definitely will call on Monday, but that movement probably only leaves me at #1 most likely (unless the current #1 decides not to accept the offer)... getting closer!

Yup. Almost there! Let us know what the admin says (I'm still curious to see if they update their wait list)

• 2 weeks later...
Mach, I called today and I am sitting now officially at #1 on the OOP waitlist. The wait just never ends....

Congrats man

Maybe they sometimes connect both wait lists because I just officially got in!!! :) :) :)

WOOT WOOT

Thanks for the support everyone! and yes, "I told you so"

ha ha ha

Congrats!!

At least i know the waitlist is moving. Hope for the best!

Congrats again to Mach!

Congrats man

Maybe they sometimes connect both wait lists because I just officially got in!!! :) :) :)

WOOT WOOT

Thanks for the support everyone! and yes, "I told you so"

ha ha ha

Just FYI, July 24 '09 is when others (presumably like myself) have to make the first deposit. I suspect that will be when some more movement will take place (i.e. they offer a spot to someone who already accepted Western)

Good luck everyone

Archived