Premed 101 Forums

downward trend in GPA a problem?

nino

is a decreasing GPA over 4 yrs of undergrad a problem for med schools? i've heard that med schools may look for an upward trend in gpa....so does that mean they hate to see the opposite? or do they not care at all and only look at cgpa?

is a decreasing GPA over 4 yrs of undergrad a problem for med schools? i've heard that med schools may look for an upward trend in gpa....so does that mean they hate to see the opposite? or do they not care at all and only look at cgpa?

don't care, don't look, - things are just run through a computer system at most schools and you make the cut offs or you don't.

thx guys

i really hate ottawa's weighting formula...or maybe i'm the only person who thanks upper yr courses r a lot more difficult than lower yrs.....

It isn't just you, but it is program/person specific. Don't worry Ottawa is just one school :)

Trends are useful when someone has fairly low GPA but shows an upward trend. But if you have a competitive GPA but show a slight decrease over the years, I doubt it'll a problem. The problem arises when you have a fairly low GPA AND a decreasing trend. :eek:

Archived