Premed 101 Forums

mail package

Hi guys,

I'm wondering if anyone who has accepted an offer has received a mail package yet? Does anyone know when they are sent out or is all the info available on the Queen's online service? I haven't received anything yet even though I accepted my offer early last week.

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything at all from Queen's after accepting an offer.

I don't want to bother the admissions office asking for a confirmation, but I haven't heard anything from them. I know that I should just calm down a bit, but I know Murphy's Law... what can go wrong, will go wrong. :)

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything at all from Queen's after accepting an offer.

I don't want to bother the admissions office asking for a confirmation, but I haven't heard anything from them. I know that I should just calm down a bit, but I know Murphy's Law... what can go wrong, will go wrong. :)

I haven't heard anything either, but I think if you got the SAM confirmation email and followed the instructions you are good.

I haven't heard anything either, but I think if you got the SAM confirmation email and followed the instructions you are good.

Hi,

Thanks for letting me know. After all the build-up to the acceptance - application, interviews, May 15th - I'd hate to mess it up!

I go to McGill now, and I'm used to having an online system (ours is called Minerva) where we can log on to see everything - applications, registration, transcript, billing, etc. Is there a Queen's equivalent?

Hi,

Thanks for letting me know. After all the build-up to the acceptance - application, interviews, May 15th - I'd hate to mess it up!

I go to McGill now, and I'm used to having an online system (ours is called Minerva) where we can log on to see everything - applications, registration, transcript, billing, etc. Is there a Queen's equivalent?

Queen's has an archaic system in place to register for classes. QCARD is a terrible affront to technology and should be left outside in a lightning storm with a 50 foot metal pole for a hat.

Queen's has an archaic system in place to register for classes. QCARD is a terrible affront to technology and should be left outside in a lightning storm with a 50 foot metal pole for a hat.

LOL I saw this and just had to laugh...I feel the exact same way. Queen's definitely needs some work

I feel the same way! Regarding knowing if the acceptance/deposit was okay I was told by the office that unless they contact you assume everything is kosher. But I would love to get something in the mail...or know when I can expect someting in the mail.

Haha, wow ... something to look forward to...

Thanks for all of the responses, guys! You've set my heart at ease!

I emailed with a deposit question as well, and the impression I get is "you're fine, and if you're not, we'll send you an email to say so". My approach will be to follow instructions faithfully, meet deadlines, and assume things are ok.

Even so, there's just something about receiving an acceptance package in the mail, with those classic (though often unrealistically) beautiful pictures of campus.

• 2 weeks later...
Just to clarify, Queen's does not send a package correct? You just download everything yourself and send them off (i.e. immunization, police records, etc.)?

As of now, yes. But I would think, and hope, that we get a hard copy acceptance letter at a later date. I need the letter to apply for a LOC I think.

As of now, yes. But I would think, and hope, that we get a hard copy acceptance letter at a later date. I need the letter to apply for a LOC I think.

I was able to use the one I printed to apply for a LOC and if you are unable to log back in, I am sure that you can ask the admissions office to send another one to you by fax.

I would get going on the LOC as soon as possible, there are no reasons not to get the paper work going through as you don't get charged interest on anything that you haven't used. Plus you might want to be shopping around for a good rate (although most likely RBC will be your best bet).

you Qcard account should also have an enrollment verification form...you should be able to use that too right?

Never thought of that, but I don't see why not.....try it, I bet they will just go ahead with the forms and tell you to send in the letter as soon as you can.

Should we be enrolled under Faculty of Medicine in the form? Mine is still a blank :(.

Yep mine has all this on it....

Program(s) of Study

M.D. - MEDICINE

Country of Academic Institution

CANADA

Current Academic Session

2009 / 2010

Number of Degree Credits Successfully Completed

.00 credits

Academic Year Start and End Dates

SEP 01, 2009 to AUG 31, 2010

Current Enrolment, in credits