Premed 101 Forums

Chances of interview?

Hi guys, I've looked through a bunch of threads but can't seem to come up with a definitive answer, so I was hoping someone could offer some insight.

I've written my MCAT twice, getting BS:8, PS:13, VR: 8, WS:O the first time and BS:10, PS:13, VR:10, WS: M the second time. I've got a 3.99 GPA coming out of mechanical engineering, I'm the captain of the Track and Field team, and have a pretty decent resume behind me. I'd like to go to U of T, but I've heard that they flag any writing section score under N...but I'm not sure what that means.

Generally, my question is which MCAT score would they look at and is there a good chance of me getting an interview? The debate essentially comes down to whether or not I have to write the MCAT for a third time.

Thanks for your help, any thoughts would be appreciated.

I'd say you have a definite chance. I got in this cycle with an M in writing, also with a 3.99 wGPA. I think what is comes down to is your essay and reference letters. If you are able to write a solid essay and if your reference letters are strong I don't believe the M will hold you back at UofT....

As an engineer I take a whole bunch of courses, most of which aren't weighted evenly. Basically between 4.0s and 3.9s, that's what it rounded to....I don't ask questions.

Joe your numbers look great. As for re-writting, in my opinion I don't think you should. I had an 8 in VR - also a flag, but my application manage to squeeze through the door at UT. Only re-write if you are confident and want to increase your chances at other schools. Best of luck :)

Archived