Premed 101 Forums

Alberta dental school

I ask my interviewers about the new Dental clinic building back in March and they simply stated that, with a slowing economy, the project has been subsequently slowed as well. I'm not sure where they're headed with that now.

As per the U of A, has anyone heard anything yet? They said they sent out a few early acceptances last week.:confused:

How early would construction have to begin in order to have the building up and running by Sept 2010?... this may seem like an odd/irrelevant question...

I know quite a few people who applied and no one has heard anything about U of A for Sept admission

I had heard that the building was to be completed by 2012, but now that the economy has slowed things down, it's anybody's guess as to when this project gets finalized and running. Whatever the timeline, it is exciting that the U of A will be getting a new clinic; the current one is certainly dated from what I've seen.

From what I have heard, is that the new clinic is projected to be finished around 2011-2012, so the first class to be able to use the new clinic for both of their clinical years will be the class of 2013, or people who get admitted for this cycle.

I haven't heard anything from U of A either. Makes sense though, my statement of results just came in, so grades just got finalized for the 2008-2009 year. They usually don't send the letters till late June, July anyways from my experience last year.

since the U of A only looks at our scores in RC, PAT, and carving...do we need to pass the science portion????

When I called the Admissions Office before my DAT, they told me that they don't look at the science portion of the test. You don't even need to pass the section for consideration to the U of A. However, that being said, if you are applying to other schools you might want to put forth an effort in that section.

Man alive, this wait is killing me. I wish it was the end of June already!

The U of A uses the CDA style interview... I was wondering does the interview focus most on EC's, life experience, or what?

I am mainly wondering because I do few EC's in terms of service, and I have no real life experience that would be worth mentioning...is this worrisome? Also, what can be done to ensure interviews go well?

Thanks!!!!

Archived