Premed 101 Forums

MMI Scores are out

The email doesn't specific whether the IP and OOP applicants were grouped together and then ranked or grouped separately and then ranked. However, I was under the impression that the OOP applicants were grouped together and then ranked. The thing is that I forget where I got this from, lol.

The email doesn't specific whether the IP and OOP applicants were grouped together and then ranked or grouped separately and then ranked. However, I was under the impression that the OOP applicants were grouped together and then ranked. The thing is that I forget where I got this from, lol.

yeah i was thinking the same since they drop the bottom 40% of both pools, not just the bottom 40% total right?

i was just wondering because im OOP and the decile ranking would seem a lot less promising if somehow the remaining OOPs were clustered around the top few deciles of the total pool :o

It is my understanding that the pools are in fact separate - that understanding comes from a personal conversation I had while I was there with the Dean of admissions (very nice guy by the way). So those OOP who are left, you are still in good shape based on past movement of the waitlist :)

Any waitlisted OOPs out there for whom U of S is there only chance to attend next year?

It is my understanding that the pools are in fact separate - that understanding comes from a personal conversation I had while I was there with the Dean of admissions (very nice guy by the way). So those OOP who are left, you are still in good shape based on past movement of the waitlist :)

Any waitlisted OOPs out there for whom U of S is there only chance to attend next year?

hopefully thats true

i dont really have many other options other than UofS and i ranked in the 4th decile so heres hoping that the waitlist moves alot again this year :)

how are things looking for you rmorelan?

It is my understanding that the pools are in fact separate - that understanding comes from a personal conversation I had while I was there with the Dean of admissions (very nice guy by the way).

I dunno... to me, his eyes betray his slyness. It’s funny that he had to “emphatically” reiterate the mantra about anonymity of consideration. As if he was expecting some allegations. He probably was, especially after making up Class 2012, which I bet raised quite a few brows. Sure, family members and friends are always the world’s smartest, but hey there’s such a thing as ethics, the one tested at the very admission interviews!

I dunno... to me, his eyes betray his slyness. It’s funny that he had to “emphatically” reiterate the mantra about anonymity of consideration. As if he was expecting some allegations. He probably was, especially after making up Class 2012, which I bet raised quite a few brows. Sure, family members and friends are always the world’s smartest, but hey there’s such a thing as ethics, the one tested at the very admission interviews!

what do you mean by this?

(honest question)

hopefully thats true

i dont really have many other options other than UofS and i ranked in the 4th decile so heres hoping that the waitlist moves alot again this year :)

how are things looking for you rmorelan?

I got in at U of S (which means I had to be in the first decile of OOP interviewees) and Western. I love both schools and have been banging my head against the wall about it for the full two weeks - not really a complaint, I mean I got accepted after all, but it has been driving me nuts. The schools are equivalent is so many ways and I love the atmosphere at both. It really has been one of the hardest choices I have ever had to make.

I even considered just paying the 500 dollars to U of S to allow me more time to consider both schools, but that just isn't fair to people on the waitlist. You deserve to know as soon as possible if you got in or not.

I will say this as well - any OOP that made the cut off at the interview must be a really good student. The system at any school is subjective to a degree, but as far as I can tell of all the places I have looked at you have most "earned" the right to attend med school by jumping past both hurtles. A bright spot about declining at U of S is knowing I am giving one of you the chance to go.

Last day, its decision time :)

Jeez, I only scored in the 5th decile and still got an acceptance (IP). Must have been right close to the bottom of the accepted list. I never did feel all that good about my interview there though; at least not in comparison to how I felt about my U of A interview. Can't help but wonder now if that one wasn't as good as I thought either, but my silly GPA saved my ass there too.

NOt that it matters now or anything. :D

Although, it does make me think I should do something to improve my interviewing skills over the next couple of years before residency interviews roll around...

I got in at U of S (which means I had to be in the first decile of OOP interviewees) and Western. I love both schools and have been banging my head against the wall about it for the full two weeks - not really a complaint, I mean I got accepted after all, but it has been driving me nuts. The schools are equivalent is so many ways and I love the atmosphere at both. It really has been one of the hardest choices I have ever had to make.

I even considered just paying the 500 dollars to U of S to allow me more time to consider both schools, but that just isn't fair to people on the waitlist. You deserve to know as soon as possible if you got in or not.

I will say this as well - any OOP that made the cut off at the interview must be a really good student. The system at any school is subjective to a degree, but as far as I can tell of all the places I have looked at you have most "earned" the right to attend med school by jumping past both hurtles. A bright spot about declining at U of S is knowing I am giving one of you the chance to go.

Last day, its decision time :)

nice work getting in man...read that your gonna head to western

you've been a good resource in the u of s forum, thanks

Archived