Premed 101 Forums

cell phone plan

most universities have at employee purchase plan, works for all students not just med., i got one through bell because i goto western.

mine is like 20 a month for all the bs except text, which i got an extra bundle for (like 5 dollars)

Rogers has been known to offer a healthcare employee plan.

rogers student plan:

$25

100 Weekday Minutes

1000 Evening/Weekend Minutes starting at 6pm

500 Incoming Minutes

My5 + 5 (so 10) Local

$45

450 Weekday Minutess

Unlimited Evening/Weekend Minutes starting at 6pm

Unlimited Incoming Minutes

My5 + 5 (so 10) Canada-Wide

Depends on if you had a plan previously. If you had a contract before with Fido and are nearing the end of the contract you can call their retention centre to negotiate customized plans that's better than any advertised plan. My plan right now is:

$28.50 incl. tax and sys acc. fee.

200 day time min

1000 evenings and weekends

unlim incoming

unlim text

caller ID

95$ credit to buy a phone

6 months unlim local calling from the signing of a 2yr contract

and of course, billing by the second as all Fido plans are.

Depends on if you had a plan previously. If you had a contract before with Fido and are nearing the end of the contract you can call their retention centre to negotiate customized plans that's better than any advertised plan. My plan right now is:

$28.50 incl. tax and sys acc. fee.

200 day time min

1000 evenings and weekends

unlim incoming

unlim text

caller ID

95$ credit to buy a phone

6 months unlim local calling from the signing of a 2yr contract

and of course, billing by the second as all Fido plans are.

wow that is a sweet plan! where are you from and how did you get that? does it have anything to do with your medical education or is fido just that good of a deal?

Anyone can negotiate a deal. I'm in BC but I'm pretty sure this applies to the rest of the country as well. I had a contract for 2 years, then once that contract ended I called Fido customer service and demanded a better deal or else. So I got transferred to their retention center and the rep gave me all those. It was a fairly pleasant negotiation, but I've heard the process depends on the person you talk to.

Archived