Premed 101 Forums

AADSAS application

How much time does AADSAS take to submit the application to schools? I have taken Canadian DAT but I am not satisfied with the score and now taking American DAT on 30th of June. I am wondering should I provide my Canadian DAT with my application on 1st June and indicate in my application that I am taking American DAT on 30th June in which case schools may not even see my application till they receive my score or should I just provide my Canadian DAT which is not very strong or should I just provide American DAT? I read that ADEA takes 3-4 weeks to release scores so I believe schools will get my score in the end of july. When will my application be submitted if I file on 1st of june? Any advice from those who have been through the process before will be highly appreciated.

I think.... (I applied last year and I'm just trying to be as accurate as possible)

I don't think you have to worry about writing the DAT in the end of june.

After filling out your AADSAS, you need transcript and LOR submitted for your application to be processed.

I believe, correct me if I'm wrong, you don't have to send DAT scores to AADSAS

you send them directly to the schools.

Now the schools will receive your application after AADSAS organizes your stuff which I believe would be happening end of june to begining of July.

So after you write the american DAT, just send them to your schools of interest.

I think they receive it electronically so you don't need to worry about mailing time and so on.

AADSAS would have like a check box indicating that you will be sending new scores (future DAT). but you still need to fill out your old DAT scores (canadian DAT in your case)

So writing the american DAT at the end of June to early July would probably not affect your chances.

Good luck and hope this helps

\

I think.... (I applied last year and I'm just trying to be as accurate as possible)

I don't think you have to worry about writing the DAT in the end of june.

After filling out your AADSAS, you need transcript and LOR submitted for your application to be processed.

I believe, correct me if I'm wrong, you don't have to send DAT scores to AADSAS

you send them directly to the schools.

Now the schools will receive your application after AADSAS organizes your stuff which I believe would be happening end of june to begining of July.

So after you write the american DAT, just send them to your schools of interest.

I think they receive it electronically so you don't need to worry about mailing time and so on.

AADSAS would have like a check box indicating that you will be sending new scores (future DAT). but you still need to fill out your old DAT scores (canadian DAT in your case)

So writing the american DAT at the end of June to early July would probably not affect your chances.

Good luck and hope this helps

\

Thanks a lot. But don't ADEA takes its time to send the scores to the schools. Its mentioned at their site its about 3-4 weeks after taking the test. Also if I am not sending my Canadian DAT score and mentioning that I am going to take American DAT in end of June do I still need to fill my scores in the application?

Yes you still need to fill out unless you did horrible

You don't have to fill it out if you don't want to but if it's a decent score why not

I'm pretty sure DAT scores go extremely fast

won't take 3-4weeks

Thank you very much. My scores are AA 20, Biology 21, Chemistry 20, TS 20, PAT 15, RC 19, Carving 6. Do you advice to fill this score? I am worried about PAT and Carving. Also if I fill it do I need to send Canadian DAT transcripts too which means extra cost and will it help in any way just to fill it if I indicate I am taking DAT later? Sorry for asking so many questions.

Archived