Premed 101 Forums

Provisional Acceptance

Hi Everyone,

Quick question: If I provisionally accept Western, does anyone know whether I still have to send in the $1000 deposit within a week of the 29th? I called Western yesterday, but the person I talked to seemed a bit distracted when they told me that I have until June the 12th to send in the cheque. Any info on this?

Hi Everyone,

Quick question: If I provisionally accept Western, does anyone know whether I still have to send in the $1000 deposit within a week of the 29th? I called Western yesterday, but the person I talked to seemed a bit distracted when they told me that I have until June the 12th to send in the cheque. Any info on this?

hmm I'd call again and make sure.

I had the same question, and this is what they told me via e-mail:

If you accept our offer provisionally, we must have your deposit cheque by June 12th when provisional acceptances become firm. If you accept another offer prior to the deadline, your deposit will be refunded.

MaryAnn Kennard

Medicine Admissions Coordinator

Admissions Medicine

Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry

The University of Western Ontario

Hi Everyone,

typically, the unofficial deadline - which is the deadline given to all students. Official deadlines are one week from the reported time as school's understand that the mail system is relatively unreliable and things get delayed.

Thanks! That's really helpful. I can send in my cheque now without being worried about losing $1000.00

I had the same question, and this is what they told me via e-mail:

If you accept our offer provisionally, we must have your deposit cheque by June 12th when provisional acceptances become firm. If you accept another offer prior to the deadline, your deposit will be refunded.

MaryAnn Kennard

Medicine Admissions Coordinator

Admissions Medicine

Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry

The University of Western Ontario

Archived