Premed 101 Forums

I want money.

The kind I don't have to pay back.

Having been accepted into med school (congrats!), apply with MOTP, get in and it's a done deal, together with pension benefits. It's family medicine ultimately for 4 years, your tuition is covered, you paid a salary as student and you receive grater pay as practitioner on a base in Canada, no overheads, ability to moonlight too if you wish, all kinds of benefits..and it is a potential good lifestlye, allowing you to retire rerelatively soon after about 20 years, at a great pension. There is an answer to your every wish provided you are prepared to do what you have to do in return.

Having been accepted into med school (congrats!), apply with MOTP, get in and it's a done deal, together with pension benefits. It's family medicine ultimately for 4 years, your tuition is covered, you paid a salary as student and you receive grater pay as practitioner on a base in Canada, no overheads, ability to moonlight too if you wish, all kinds of benefits..and it is a potential good lifestlye, allowing you to retire rerelatively soon after about 20 years, at a great pension. There is an answer to your every wish provided you are prepared to do what you have to do in return.

Hmm. Yes I know the MOTP offer. I know it well. I fear the compulsory service and the military lifestyle. Not so much for me, but for my wife and child.....

I just want to find a sweet scholarship that rewards me with $200,000 as soon as I apply for it. And comes with a fruit basket.

Is that so much to ask?

I just want to find a sweet scholarship that rewards me with $200,000 as soon as I apply for it. And comes with a fruit basket.

Is that so much to ask?

Just buy lots of lotto tickets then cross your fingers and toes.

Although that wont come with a fruit basket, so you may be SOL.

Hmm. Yes I know the MOTP offer. I know it well. I fear the compulsory service and the military lifestyle. Not so much for me, but for my wife and child.....

Is that so much to ask?

You cannot expect to have your cake and eat it. It is only 4 years of compulsory service, almost all on a base in Canada doing family medicine, what's so bad? It's not signing up for Afhganistan. On a risk vs reward basis or a cost vs benefit deal, it's a very sweet deal, giving you everything you want and all you give is 4 more years in ideal family practice circumstances.

Otherwise, you are derreaming in technicolour on this thread. Be careful what you wish for.:)

You cannot expect to have your cake and eat it. It is only 4 years of compulsory service, almost all on a base in Canada doing family medicine, what's so bad? It's not signing up for Afhganistan. On a risk vs reward basis or a cost vs benefit deal, it's a very sweet deal, giving you everything you want and all you give is 4 more years in ideal family practice circumstances.

Otherwise, you are derreaming in technicolour on this thread. Be careful what you wish for.:)

my idea = better.

Another legitimate suggestion.:P

hey those going already won one lottery, gives you hope you could win another :)

OSAP will give you some money you don't have to pay back (about 1/2 of it). Thats better than some other plans :) Don't even have to pay the interest on it in residency now if you are in Ontario (I have heard this, still trying to confirm it).

I'm just waiting for my criminal record check to clear, then I'll be robbing a bank. I have no previous charges and a really good lawyer, so I figure I should be out of jail with my stash recovered before school starts even if I do get busted. Or maybe I'll just rob octomom instead. I don't think anyone would mind. ;)

I'm just waiting for my criminal record check to clear, then I'll be robbing a bank. I have no previous charges and a really good lawyer, so I figure I should be out of jail with my stash recovered before school starts even if I do get busted. Or maybe I'll just rob octomom instead. I don't think anyone would mind. ;)

Pointless, they've already been robbed by the people who own them...:) . Sell AAA Bonds in yourself as NinjaMedCorp ("Pharma to the Stars") and then threaten default a la GM. The Govt will throw stimulated money at you. Split the profits with NewDad and everyone will be happy. Just keep it below $1Bn and no-one else will notice.:cool:

Archived