Premed 101 Forums

How awesome would it be if Peter Romeo answered questions here?!

Crossposted from General Forums because Calgary frequents this forum regularly.

I think it's a great investment of time and effort for each school to dedicate part of their Adcoms' schedule to answering questions on this forum. There are always questions that come up that really no one but them can answer. Why not lay out all the answers in a public forum for everyone to read? It will save them time in answering phone calls imo. And sometimes, when certain information cannot be disclosed, they can simply say "we cannot disclose that information." It's easy and will save everyone time.

Do it up Peter!

As a premed, I am not too sure of anything, but I can say things with great conviction.:P

This is why we need guys like Peter Romeo.

stop spreading stupid sh*t around. it's obviously not him because 'youngdad' lives in Victoria.

They'd just get a million of "I BOMBED MY FIRST YEAR!!!1111!" PMs. Great in theory, not so doable in reality, I think. Personally, I feel that current med students already partly serve this purpose. I don't visit every section of the forums, but I can tell you that Elaine (Queen's) and Icebox (U of A) both provide lots of advice regarding their respective schools.

They'd just get a million of "I BOMBED MY FIRST YEAR!!!1111!" PMs. Great in theory, not so doable in reality, I think. Personally, I feel that current med students already partly serve this purpose. I don't visit every section of the forums, but I can tell you that Elaine (Queen's) and Icebox (U of A) both provide lots of advice regarding their respective schools.

yup and you got RogerRoger (toronto) and ploughboy(western) kicking it in as well. I think the adcoms deliberately trying to maintain a measure of distance to avoid any such onslaughts.

• 3 weeks later...

1) 6 weeks of electives in the summer of first year, divided however you wish

2) 6 weeks of electives at the beginning of clerkship for everybody

3) 4 weeks of electives anywhere in your clerkship year, depending on which schedule "track" you're on, including possibly after CARMS

4) All rotations end in mid-April but everything after Christmas is pretty much post CARMS submissions, interviews, match results.

5) Licensing exams at the end of April and in early May

Archived