Premed 101 Forums

There is a widely circulated notion here that the U of M has AGPA and MCAT cutoffs. The admission bulletin however says nothing about any specific cutoffs. Am I right that there are no separate Western-style cutoffs for each GPA and MCAT, but rather a combined score so that a person with 3.3 AGPA and 45T MCAT still has a good shot at getting accepted?

There is a widely circulated notion here that the U of M has AGPA and MCAT cutoffs. The admission bulletin however says nothing about any specific cutoffs. Am I right that there are no separate Western-style cutoffs for each GPA and MCAT, but rather a combined score so that a person with 3.3 AGPA and 45T MCAT still has a good shot at getting accepted?

With a 45T..

not just good a shot, it will probably be a great shot.

They should have followed their pre-decided formula (GPA=15%, MCAT=40, PAS=45%)to calculate the total score of each interviewee's GPA, MCAT and PAS scores and ranked the candidate accordingly. The offer should have been from the top down. They should not have offered randomly (as per what I heard).

Archived