Premed 101 Forums

What are the costs associated with applying for dentistry?

Hi guys,

as you guys already know, I'm a pre-dent nursing newbie.

For future references, I have some questions in regards to the cost of applying to Canadian dental schools.

I'm trying to apply to just two.

UofT and UWO

Can I get the cost for these?

1) Cost to apply to dental school

2) Cost to register and write Canadian DAT

3) Any other costs

I think that I need to start saving up now lol

Thanks guys. :)

Hi guys,

as you guys already know, I'm a pre-dent nursing newbie.

For future references, I have some questions in regards to the cost of applying to Canadian dental schools.

I'm trying to apply to just two.

UofT and UWO

Can I get the cost for these?

1) Cost to apply to dental school

2) Cost to register and write Canadian DAT

3) Any other costs

I think that I need to start saving up now lol

Thanks guys. :)

1) $75-100

2) ~$230

3) school transcripts are free and the money you spend on the DAT includes 5 DAT transcripts to be sent out

Stresso, I think your numbers are a bit inaccurate...

1. The UofT application fee is $230, Western is $250 (you have to apply directly to each school).

2. Approx. $250 to write the DAT (can't remember the exact price). If you're planning to take the Kaplan course, it's $900. If you're just going to buy the materials, it'll be something like $150.

3. School transcripts at my school are $15 apiece. Also, depending on where you live, you may need to pay travel/accomodation expenses for interviews.

Hope this hepls.

No harm done :).

And yeah, the Ontario schools really rip you off with the application fees... I applied to McGill as well, and it cost only $80. Looks like other provinces are just much more reasonable than here in Ontario...

I know you aren't applying to the States, but if you did the costs are significantly higher. The AADSAS system can add up quite significantly. Not to mention the amount of time needed to create a complete application. Canadian schools are relatively cheap, and take very little time at all.

Archived