Premed 101 Forums

Scholarships for US Med School

Guest copacetic

there are tons of scholarships out there....the problem is that as a Canadian studying internationally you are not eligible for most of them...ive gone through the search...spend months searching for scholarships. the ones that you are eligible for are either miniscule in amount (like 500 bucks) and or extremely competitive (fulbright scholarship). your best option is to apply to, and get into a school that offers financial aid to students (which are few and far in between) or offer scholarships to internationals. i was lucky to receive one from my school. without out, i would NOT have been able to go to school in the states.

Guest copacetic
Yeah the only way to get significant money is through your med school (scholarship, financial aid or MD/PhD funding). If those aren't available you should start looking into LOCs and converting funds asap.

doing an MD/PHD helps. that is another option. at my school doing an md/phd would cut my yearly tuition in half. also, doing research affords you the ability to do research, which means you can get money for living expenses and what not to do research. but the amounts are once again small, and you will have to apply for MANY. its tough unless you're loaded....

Archived