Premed 101 Forums

Please help!

I applied at UWO only this year as it accepts students after second year and interviewed there. I am waiting for the result like others which will be coming at the end of June. As I interviewed at only one place and its very competitive after second year so I want to apply for the next year cycle at US schools. I am sending my application on 1st of June. Now my question is if I just apply to one school paying 195$ and submit my application so that AADSAS can confirm my transcripts and receive my LORs (both of which take max time) and then wait for UWO result and if not admitted then apply to rest of the schools, what can be the consequences? I think once AADSAS has confirmed my transcripts and LORs and has organized everything it should be ready to be sent to any school quickly or will it take another 4-8 weeks when I will add rest of the schools. I dont want to waste my money if I get selected at Western but at the same time I dont want to decrease my chances for next year waiting for the result. Any advice will be highly appreciated.

Will you be in third year when you apply to the US? I heard it's really hard to get in if you're not in 4th year when you're applying since they want you to have finished your bachelors when you begin dental

I will be in fourth year from September. This is my second degree and I took many courses in summers so I am going directly into fourth year after second year.

Archived