Premed 101 Forums

Acceptance Package?

Not sure. There wasn't much in the package that I can recall - a new version of the "Don't Panic" guide will appear before long though. I don't think DalMedix access will come before the start of the year (it's just an online file library, schedule, and school directory). It certainly won't be at all useful until then.

Yeah, I don't remember getting much of anything. There's not much that you need, of course, as things like backpacks, stethoscopes (for NS residents), and random O-week stuff will come in... O-week.

stethoscopes are not just for NS residents. all dal students get them.

I like to think it comes out of the 75 dollar 'interview fee'.

ummm ...well for NB students i know its from the NB government. each year they give you something worth $300, or cash.

med1 - stetho

med2 - palm or cash

med3 - palm or cash

med4 - palm or cash

you can only get the palm once and thereafter you get $300.

sooo i like to think of it as free lol.

since tuition is the same regardless of your province/OOP, i cant see where it would be included in the tuition. also, b/c tuition doesnt drastically change from year to year, i doubt all the "free" goodies you get in med1 are in tuition.

The $75 interview fee definitely does not pay for a $300 stethoscope and other things (reflex hammer etc.)

Hi whale of a time, you can register on dal online. I've already registered for classes for next year. If you are unsure of how to do this I can explain, or someone in the admissions office can probably explain. Do you already have your LOC lined up??

Hi cknickle,

That's so great! I have the LOC all set up, I just have to send them proof of registration to start accessing it.

I did my MSc at Dal, so I theoretically know how to add classes, etc. but how do you know what to register for in Med I?

Hi whale of a time, you can register on dal online. I've already registered for classes for next year. If you are unsure of how to do this I can explain, or someone in the admissions office can probably explain. Do you already have your LOC lined up??

Archived