Premed 101 Forums

Post the hard question in your medical school interview that got to you the most.

Hey, I'm asking people who have been interviewed in Canada for medical school to post a question that they found tricky, or that they found hardest to answer.

Just post the question, and the school.

This thread'll be very useful to future students.

Thanks in advance.

Yeah, no one can really do that as per the rules with the schools. Further if someone did a moderator would almost certainly remove it immediately.

That being said there are a lot of useful resources on the web for general style questions you need to be ready for.

oh darnn, im sure people have annonymously leaked info and questions somewhere on the internet

Possibly so, although even the Student Doc site has pretty much no interview questions on their post interview wrap up sections since the confidentiality arrangements became the norm.

People are either 1) too ethical and/or 2) too scared to have it traced back to them and the offer rescinded. Personally I am hoping for 1) :)

Plus schools themselves I am sure have safeguards against repeating questions.

Possibly so, although even the Student Doc site has pretty much no interview questions on their post interview wrap up sections since the confidentiality arrangements became the norm.

People are either 1) too ethical and/or 2) too scared to have it traced back to them and the offer rescinded. Personally I am hoping for 1) :)

Plus schools themselves I am sure have safeguards against repeating questions.

rmorelan, why do you have such a cool display picture! hahah

If you go on PubMed and search for "multiple mini interview" you'll come up with some articles talking about the MMI in Canada. Often there's an appendix or table in these articles with sample interview questions. Honestly, that's probably the best taste of interview questions you'll get (at least online).

Start looking at these:

Eva KW, Reiter HI, Rosenfeld J, Norman GR (2004). An admissions OSCE: the multiple mini-interview. Medical Education, 38:314-326.

Eva KW, Reiter HI, Rosenfeld J, Norman GR (2004). The relationship between interviewer characteristics and ratings assigned during a Multiple Mini-Interview. Academic Medicine, 79:602-608.

My advice with the MMI is to expect the unexpected. Practice should be based on performance rather than trying to come up with perfect answers to specific questions. Get comfortable answering questions that you would never expect to be at the interview, that way you will not get flustered the day of the interview. It would likely help to have a family member/friends make up random questions based on healthcare, current events, ethics just to practice the format.

Uh no. YOU are so very very wrong. Megan Fox >>> anne hathaway

but the home base thing might tilt the inequality.

Nah, regardless of bases, I still think Anne Hathaway >>> Megan Fox any day.

Anne Hathaway's got the girl-next-door thing going on.

Megan Fox is alright to look at, but she'd fit more naturally as a hot female friend.

I can be ridiculous and sincere at the same time.

megan fox is way hotter.

I'm with alastriss here. If you see the movie "Rachel getting married" you will never like anne hathaway again. That being said, I do respect the hot girl (you want to sleep with) vs cute girl (you would bring home to your family and marry) issue, and 9 times out of 10 im in it for the cute girl, but pass on anne hathaway.

lol @ this turn of events. Poor OP. You don't need school specific questions really, just try to build a good database from random sources. Most of the greatest preparation for my Canadian interviews came from the American's since I had been searching the student doc database and compiling questions. Also, just read a lot! And, go to your universities career services department and schedule a mock interview.

Anyways, I think Anne Hathaway is really pretty, and I like that she doesn't take herself too seriously and plays dorky characters. Having said that, I'd go for Megan Fox every time.

Fine by me, I can have Anne Hathaway all to myself.

Also, the OP is in High school.

haha your funny..so touchy about Anne. You know what, I get it. Some guys prefer the more natural look vs. super sexed..as a girl, I can appreciate both and its funny because usually girls will think a girl is beautiful where a guy will think shes just ok and the girl the guys all drool over, the girls will think is just an over hoochified 6 or 7 at most. But some girls, you just can't deny...Angelina Jolie, Megan Fox, Adriana Lima...these girls are undeniably hot and beautiful.

Haha, not touchy, just being silly.

I can't deny that Fox is definitely hot.

I guess it's just down to personal preference.

haha your funny..so touchy about Anne. You know what, I get it. Some guys prefer the more natural look vs. super sexed..as a girl, I can appreciate both and its funny because usually girls will think a girl is beautiful where a guy will think shes just ok and the girl the guys all drool over, the girls will think is just an over hoochified 6 or 7 at most. But some girls, you just can't deny...Angelina Jolie, Megan Fox, Adriana Lima...these girls are undeniably hot and beautiful.

Haha that is sooooo true....I thought that was only me...lol

Archived